New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deer hunters
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Last night I thinned the herd around here by wiping out 2 of them with my pickup. Whole herd ran out in front of me. Got the bumper, filler above bumper, and the right fender. Hope nothing else as I haven't looked in the daylight.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Glad ur ok Fern! Hit one about a month ago with my kids new dually. $10.2 k damage. Pulled over to take a look and a guy with a new Hellcat behind us thanked me. We were at the same event. Everyone was ok but scared the s h y t out of us.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
They are some elusive creatures.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I don't think the hunters are trying very hard. The deer are everywhere. Went to the medical center in Knoxville yesterday and they had 1 window of the waiting room boarded up. A buck crashed through the window and was running around inside the building.

Posts: 1461 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Some years ago I was traveling through the small town of Great Bend, Kansas pretty late at night. The next morning was the opening of deer season and pick-up trucks were all over the place at the small motels. There was a nervous "herd" of does that crossed the road in front of me while in the town limits. There was no doubt they knew what was up and were in a near panic state. It was eye opening.

In another incident I was traveling down the interstate with strips of woods intersected by strips of fields. I noticed some deer exiting the highway end of a strip of woods and heading for the next strip. As I passed that strip of woods there were some hunters just arriving on 4 wheeler's. Talk about a day late and a dollar short!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Hell Fern I need your truck.Maybe my driving better than my shooting,which I use to damn good at. Missed one two days ago.Hit one today trailed it 2000 plus yrds of fairly heavy blood and lost it. I freaking hate loosing one too.

Fern there are better ways to tenderize meat than hit with 6000 lbs hammer.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Mount a scope on the hood and you’re good!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I will be out in the woods the next three days with my string and some sticks to try filling my buck tag.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
Hell Fern I need your truck.Maybe my driving better than my shooting,which I use to damn good at. Missed one two days ago.Hit one today trailed it 2000 plus yrds of fairly heavy blood and lost it. I freaking hate loosing one too.

Fern there are better ways to tenderize meat than hit with 6000 lbs hammer.

You need to use a bullet that travels 55mph with headlights and a horn blowing. Deer will jump in front of it.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
I hit one in SC about a month ago in my truck (02 Duramax). Bent the bumper, broke the marker light, pushed the left front fender back into the door. When i got stopped I bent the door opening it. $4k in damage. Body shop has been waiting on the fender for 3 weeks now. First one was bent, second one had been painted red, and the third hasn’t showed up yet.

Thankful for the full comp, $0 deductible insurance!

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by head gamez:
I hit one in SC about a month ago in my truck (02 Duramax). Bent the bumper, broke the marker light, pushed the left front fender back into the door. When i got stopped I bent the door opening it. $4k in damage. Body shop has been waiting on the fender for 3 weeks now. First one was bent, second one had been painted red, and the third hasn’t showed up yet.

Second one painted red? Does body shop know how to paint their work?

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
quote:
Originally posted by head gamez:

Second one painted red? Does body shop know how to paint their work?

Yes, and the could have also repaired the first one that arrived bent. However, neither were received in brand new condition and that is what they are being paid for.

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Ok I got ya.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
well 4 less on roads now. We are trying to remove as many as possible. LOL

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
well 4 less on roads now. We are trying to remove as many as possible. LOL

You've either got to invite us for a cook out, give us some jerky. It's your choice. LOL

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
well I normally have some venison kabobs in cooler on weekends. As for jerky hell I do good to make it out of local country store with one piece.Have about dozen waiting for call to pick some up when I make it.

Actually taking a break from cutting and packaging.Plus have about 120 lbs of sausage to grind,mix and pack tomorrow.

Have 4 down and we should get four or five more before end of season .Yesterday was opening day of gun,but last two weeks muzzle loader and its a religious thing to hunt everyday of it and we did. Takes about 6 to 8 per year for us.About only red meat that comes in this house.

Doing my best to make the roads safer for all.LMAO

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If I could convince myself to shoot in the back yard I could shoot dozen in a day. But I like to go to the WV farm as its like a yearly reunion of us old guys. The original warming shack has been there almost 100 years and my family owns about 1000ac up in that "holler". Proud of you Chris, you eat them. No respect for shooters and horn hunters!!!!!

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Don't get me worng I like big racks.piss' wife off lots.Oh yea thats another kind of big rack.LOL Just can not eat horns,but Jack my golden retriever would argue that one.

I try to use everything possible.Kind of old school iguess(imagine that from guy who built a FED) but I figure I owe it to the deer I choose to tAKE life of. Plus lots of folks love my jerky,sausage and about dozen venison specialty dishes.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
the roads are lil safer now,well around here anyway.LOL another one bite the mud.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
No luck on deer yet but one black bear down.