DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    WTH is up with USPS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTH is up with USPS
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
I mailed a check to a guy for some rods .Paid for certifed mail. Almost 2weeks and not delivered yet.WTH 4.85 postage and they can not get envelope two states away in 2 weeks, HEll I could have walked it to him, picked rods, had them back home and in motor by now.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I sent a certified envelope on 10-07 to the next town and it still hasn't got there. $9.18 is some of that for storage?

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chris if it went through Greensboro don't count on it anytime soon---I had a next day delivery up there for 3 weeks, they sent it to 3 different wrong locations.....Its all part of the new deal in DC

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
On a somewhat different note but still federal govt. performance related. My 2020 taxes were electronically delivered to the IRS on 6/9/21 and I just got my refund last week! So that was 4 months they held my $11+k refund up (no interest, funny how that door only swings one way). They also issued my second stimulus check at the same time, 9 months late (I didn't even think I was eligible). Lastly, the state of OK made me submit supporting documents my tax preparer used to calculate my state tax. Alleged to be to prevent fraud. That refund was deliver quickly there after. These kinds of performances can be expected to worsen as time passes.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3306 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It's a planned slow down to cut costs.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/sn...-hikes-mean-for-you/

Posts: 118 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
They've been on work slowdown since they got butthurt over the questions raised about mail in voting, and failure to get their billions wish list.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1647 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
They've been on work slowdown since they got butthurt over the questions raised about mail in voting, and failure to get their billions wish list.

I'd say it was way before that.. Every time they ask for higher prices they slow down. Specially if they don't get them..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3306 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I will add to this. I bought some parts off of ebay ,paid for them the same day seller shipped the following morning out of MD. So far they have gone form MD 3 different places to DC and back in MD. The tracking looks like the parts are in a spin cycle. How can this be good logistics. Is it a management thing or an employee thing. I get parts from the west coast usually in 4 days or less and these are only 700 mile from home vs 3000

Posts: 63 | Location: Horse Cave Ky | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The city I live in in MD is running between 4 and 6 weeks behind on average and have been worse at times. We got our tag renewals (expired in June) in the mail two weeks ago. Also got a letter from gas and electric about needing to re-evaluate our gas meter or they could shut off our service in 30 days. It was post marked the beginning of August and it came at the end of last week. It's so bad where we are, we changed addresses with what companies possible to my parents house and just go by once a week to get it all since it's faster that way.

Posts: 66 | Location: Glen Burnie | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
He11 only took 14 days to deliver a letter sized envelope.

Told the guy if sending my rods USPS he11 I would just machine a set out. Even with hand file probably quicker.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I sent a check out in the mail from West Palm Beach Florida to Pennsylvania for some cylinder heads, after 8 days and no check showing up in Pennsylvania, I sent another one out, which he got in 4 days... the same day the original showed up. He asked me, why did you mail the first one from Puerto Rico, were you on a cruise or something (was postmarked Puerto Rico ...WTH)

93 Dodge Stealth -
526 KB Hemi
14-71 SSI Roots Blown

Posts: 193 | Location: Boynton Beach, Florida | Registered: April 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have rentals in Glen Burnie MD and they are routinely 10 dqys to get here. Once they were 30 days but were sent all over NC before they got here. Postmaster told me the sorting facility in Greensboro was the problem as well as the all over trouble hiring people.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
The certified letter I sent on 10-6 is still in transit and it was only going 10 miles. Tracking shows it left Santa Ana, 30 miles away, on 10-8 and is still in the system between facilities.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what is going on but it is stupid..

I have ordered parts from RBS Superchargers out of CA several times. They like to use USPS as it is cheaper and told me it would be 4 days to get them after twice tracking them from CA to FL and back to Austin before going to my local post office I told them from now on sent the UPS or FedEx. I will pay the higher price to get my parts.
This has been going on for a while.

Dave

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Same guy sent check to that took 14 days sent me the rods UPS and took two days. Guess easier to ship 18 lb box then a envelope.