DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    The Future Of Fontana
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Future Of Fontana
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I second that on Bakersfield. I LOVE THAT PLACE.

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ah memories of Bakersfield. My 1st race was the bracket finals representing team Irwindale in '75. My 1st race I won. Ester Padron ran up and said do you know who you just beat, I said no it was a guy with thick glasses driving an dark colored Austin Healy.

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Ester's husband (Albert) was a very successful driver, I remember when he won Pomona. Wasn't that was back in the 1800's, or does it just seem that long ago?

Are we looking at the end of drag racing in America as we know it? Perhaps a re-boot is in order, maybe Force saw the handwriting on the wall, the handwriting that the NHRA is coming to grips with that there is a change in the wind.

This has been a wild ride and I don't regret a single moment but I'm entering the end of my run. I'll be 80 in a few months, my days of being even slightly competitive are over BUT I would like one more shot at Bakersfield before it ends.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
My dad and I started going to the Smokers Fuel and Gas Championships in the early '60's. We would go up Saturday morning and watch qualifying and come home Saturday night. He just wanted to see them go fast.
I started competing in Hot Rod in the late 80's.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Floyd, 17 or 1860’s? 1320wannaberscer will ask

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
From whom? Makes no sense why there wouldn't be. No Super Street. Plenty of time.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Larry? No super street for Sonoma.It's at Phoenix if that's what you asking.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
Floyd, 17 or 1860’s? 1320wannaberscer will ask

Ha Ha! 1960's, We would back up to the fence past the grandstand and Dad would get his speed fix.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That's my point. No Super Street at Sonoma so there is plenty of time to run TS.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Now is clear

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
That's my point. No Super Street at Sonoma so there is plenty of time to run TS.

200 mph SST?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:

200 mph SST?

How long would you be on the stop and at what RPM, you would have a hard time judging me at 127 and being deadon hahaha

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Top Sportsman was replaced with Comp Eliminator. So I doubt that TS will be at Sonoma National. All 18 races are on the calendar. If TS were given another race then they would have to give TD one as well.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Todd Barton
posted Hide Post
Not trying to poke anyone in the eye, but with the recent setbacks with the lockdowns in the state of CA, I see this as the biggest obstacle in returning to racing at any track out there.

Posts: 380 | Location: Gray, TN | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Barton:
Not trying to poke anyone in the eye, but with the recent setbacks with the lockdowns in the state of CA, I see this as the biggest obstacle in returning to racing at any track out there.

Hey out if towner! Totally agree! How are you and the family? Missed you at Vegas. Crazy with weather change.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It's honestly tragic. Had one of the best experiences with my brother and pops at Fontana and the thought of it turning into another distribution center is infuriating.

Posts: 2 | Location: Anaheim | Registered: October 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of et7338
posted Hide Post
Any News on Auto Club Dragway 2021?

Posts: 575 | Location: hesperia | Registered: October 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Their closed

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Re-open in April......I hope.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
March I also hope