New
Find
Notify
Tools

8.8 Limited slip
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Swapping in an 8.8 into an S-10. Installing a spool, etc. Question, Is there any value in the limited slip w/3.73 gears? Appears all in very good condition.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I don't mean to sidetrack your post. Are you swapping in an Explorer rear? Did you cut it down and center it by using 2 short axles?

Posts: 1461 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yep. Housing is at the chassis shop as we speak. Having it narrowed to use the passenger axel on both sides and relocating the spring perch pads to center the rear end in the chassis.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. I've got an S10 and it's got a stock rear under it. Don't think it will last so when it goes I'm looking at the 8.8 swap.
As far as your posi goes I'm guessing it's got the bjgger splines so Mustang guys might want it.

Posts: 1461 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
31 spline

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It's worth a little. Mustang guys usually buy them for $50-$75. A brand new one isn't that expensive. Kinda wish mine was an 8.8. Installing and rebuilding the 7.5 (Mustang) was not cheap in comparison.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post