DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    It was bound to happen.....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It was bound to happen.....
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted
https://dragillustrated.com/st...crash-while-filming/

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I could never understand how they could get insurance for that show.
Maybe we'll find out after all the lawsuits are over.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4452 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
I could never understand how they could get insurance for that show.
Maybe we'll find out after all the lawsuits are over.

You have a very good point there and I agree it was bound to happen. Still I hate to hear it. Street Outlaws has become a huge business so I bet you are right there probably will be lawsuits.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3992 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
God speed!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4479 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Very sad, RIP My condolences to the family and friends.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
why is it "very sad" to anyone but his family and friends?

Very sad is for the children that never had a chance at life that die every day. Very sad is the brave men and women that have died defending our way of life. Very sad is the people that die waiting for a life saving organ to be donated that never comes.

People die every minute of every day, it's part of life. Further and again, what we do is dangerous no mind doing what they do, how they do it and where they do it.

About 26 people died while I was typing this.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Actually surprised more have not died or seriously injured... Dumb f. ucks racing in jeans and tee shirts... JJ about burned up wearing a helmet and a fire jacket designed for an 11 seconds car while driving a care capable of making 3000 Horsepower or more.... I dont get it.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Play stupid games win stupid prides.

Like others have said, I am surprised it has taken this long for someone to die filming this show.

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry about the accident, and the gentleman's fatality. I'm still left wondering who watches any of that $h!t. 98% of what's on television anymore is so-called "reality" crap, and your IQ drops about 10 points per hour if you watch it. I will occasionally watch a ball game or a race (a real race, i.e. NASCAR F1, Indy Car) otherwise I'd much rather be doing something else.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I watch NPK, that’s real drag racing all the other shows are all scripted and I can’t watch 5 minutes of the newest show End Game.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It was bound to happen and now the people that wear the proper safety equipment,follow the rules,and compete at actual race tracks will probably see higher costs due to higher insurance premiums that had nothing to do with this.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
The comment from JJ "Track racers dont know how to tune Chassis's" tell you all you need to know. The fact is their is a few just a few that could win any local or big bracket race on America that race on these TV shows. That said Prayers for the driver and his family. Its never good to have anyone die racing. Its a decision we all make every time we strap in a race car.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
it's easy to tune a chassis riding the dots and with the latest and greatest in traction control from Davis Wink

"State of the Art Wheel Speed Management System with the Ability to Control the Entire Vehicle."

https://moretraction.com/drag-race/profiler/

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
bad decisions kill people everyday everywhere and this is no different.

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post