DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Florida under 30 day Lockdown order
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Florida under 30 day Lockdown order
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Freddie
posted
well we knew it was coming. here is the official link. As of Thursday Florida is closed.

https://www.wtxl.com/news/loca...T2uQTDdll-xHtJtzuQbo

Posts: 685 | Location: Anderson SC. | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Yup, it was only a matter of time

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
Yup, it was only a matter of time

Well that makes it even harder to sell a dragster that nobody seems to want right now

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Read the article. Nothing has really changed but now you can be stopped and questioned as to what your doing or where your going while out on the road. Funny thing is what would they do with you if you can't explain yourself? Take you to jail while elsewhere they're releasing rapists?

Posts: 73 | Location: Lake Worth Fl. | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Unless marshal law is declared the safer at home directive is unenforceable.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
At the risk of ridicule, a risk I'm willing to take, I'll submit this cut & paste. America's future continues to change.

Do I believe that people are sick? Yes.

Do I believe people are dying? Yes.

Do I believe some hospitals are overrun? Some.

Do I believe nurses and healthcare workers are terrified? Yes.

Do I also believe we are being lied to about a lot? Yes.

Do I believe they're lying about the numbers?
Yes.

Do I also believe the media is spinning this?
Yes.

Do I believe this is political? Yes.

Do I believe this is to strip Americans of more rights?
Yes.

Do I believe there's a bigger picture?
Yes.

Do I believe this is more about control than anything else?
I do.

Do I believe we as Americans just set the most dangerous precedent for our liberty and freedom ever in the history of the world?

Yes.... And I am 1 million times more terrified of that than I could be of any virus.

Because when we make it out of this I don’t ever want to have to tell my children stories about when America was free.

I won’t discount your fear even if I find it misguided or irrational....

Please don’t discount mine because of the same reasons.

No.... I’m not gonna stop talking about it just because you don’t like my opinion.

I’ve never been one to keep my mouth shut and I’m certainly not gonna start now....

My children’s (and everyone's) freedom is too important

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Just heard Maryland is "offering" a $5000. fine or 1 year in jail for violators of their lock down.

"A bill of rights, sometimes called a declaration of rights or a charter of rights, is a list of the most important rights to the citizens of a country. The purpose is to protect those rights against infringement from public officials and private citizens"

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Canted you bring up some very good points. I for one have run the numbers and they do not add up. I'm not a tin foil cap conspiracy nut, however, I do believe this is a man made virus set in motion to see how far the government can go with a perceived/real threat to curtail our freedoms and liberties. That government being the Communist Chinese govt. Think very deeply, do the research and come to your own conclusions. Also, read the article by Giacomino Nicolazzo, very thought provoking and true. Follow the facts.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Not a big fan of Carlson's but he makes good points. Consider the following, while it certainly isn't business as usual for US citizens it surely is for federal bureaucracies.

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
I am absolutely, completely stunned at how willingly and without questioning most Americans are going along with these arbitrary lockdowns and "shelter-in-place" crap. And not only that, but the whiny snowflakes in my area have been all over social media DEMANDING and BEGGING the governor to confine everyone to their homes. I'm 57 years old - and this is easily the most disheartening, depressing, and infuriating thing that has happened in my life time. I can't get over it. What a bunch of dumbazzes.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
Just heard Maryland is "offering" a $5000. fine or 1 year in jail for violators of their lock down.

Fact not fiction:
https://www.nbcwashington.com/...cing-orders/2257130/

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
My luck...I pulled the trigger on a new trailer on Wed...within hours florida puts a lockdown in place...then georgia does the same which is where they are building the trailer...I had planned to go up there and tow it back in a couple of weeks....sigh...looks like I may not get my new unit until the middle of May, maybe...oh well...

Posts: 1276 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Well that makes it even harder to sell a dragster that nobody seems to want right now

That explains it. I tried to sell my body and nobody wanted it....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Look at the events prior to, and statements made by the left, before this happened. Pelosi stated they would use every tool they had to get Trump removed from office. This was stated by her as the impeachment sham started falling apart. Look at the timing....the economy was BOOMING....China was hurt....We weren't taking the same bs from other contries we had been in the past....And it's election year....

Remember Strozk (sp?) texting about the "insurance policy"? We collectively thought it was the Russian hoax.....maybe it wasn't JUST the hoax.....maybe it was something more?

For me, I look at everything that is happening, the timing, and the reactions....and I think there is A LOT more here to this than meets the eye....the virus is only a small part of the puzzle. The one thing I am certain of, and you can say what you will, it didn't occur naturally, and this isn't the result of bat soup..........

The left had been talking about crashing the economy to get rid of Trump for a while...Maher stated it on his show.....

Just something to think about....they tried "the easy way" at first and failed. So they tried method #2, and failed....but by then they weren't trying to hide their intent any longer and didn't care about the consequences, especially to you and me....So now here we are.....The only thing left we have to find out about is just how far they are willing to go....and that's the part that scares me.....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I really don't think the left caused the infection. (and not saying that this is the implication from others). But those folks are opportunists for sure. This has been blown up like nobody's business. Justified or not? Well without credible data of course there is no way to tell.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6378 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
They are definitely taking advantage of the situation.
This will be their success of getting him out.
They will drag this out until November.
As folks lose their homes, cars, 401k's, their lives (and family members lives) as they turn to drugs, they will blame Trump (rightfully or not) since it happened on his watch.
He's as good as gone.
I wish not but he will get the blame.

You need to remember, MOST people do NOT use facts, they go by the seat of their pants (how life is going for them at the time of voting).

These are the facts that the dems will use:
The highest unemployment EVER in History.
Stock market down to when he took office.
Did nothing to slow CORVID-19 virus other than hold meetings.
Kept Big businesses thriving during downturn.
Killed/bankrupt small businesses.
Foreclosures will spike.
Divorces/broken families will be crazy high.
Suicide rates will be through the roof.
Shutdown the country for something that is not even as bad as the "Regular Flu" that killed over 80,000 Americans LAST winter with NO shutdown. https://www.statnews.com/2018/...s-flu-deaths-winter/
Etc. etc.
You get the idea, they ARE FACTS but twisted for their agenda.

People forget that this is WORLDWIDE, not just the US like the housing bubble was.
This will make 2008 look like a picnic, this downturn is going to last MANY YEARS.
It only took about 8 - 10 years for the housing crash to come back, how long will this take.

We have seen nothing yet, wait until August (because Fauci says we have to lock down and wait).
Why are gun sales soaring?
https://www.kristv.com/gun-sal...-amid-covid-19-fears

It's bad here now but wait it's going to get real bad in the next few months.
Eek

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
This is about as close as they can get to declaring Martial Law, without actually doing so.
Because I work for an "essential" agency, I was given a copy of a letter addressed to "Law Enforcement Officer" (generic), signed by Atty General Wm. Barr, stating that my agency ID, and a copy of the letter, is to allow me to travel to/from or on official business, exempt from any lock down, shelter-in-place or other orders restricting free movement in public space.

I am 61, and never thought I would see this day.
Well stocked on necessities, including firepower to hunt and defend against whatever.

My guess is all the cash the politicians are throwing at the now and soon-to-be unemployed, is to hold off/delay the coming "zombie attacks", where the hungry and hopeless start kicking in doors to get something to eat after everybody gets sick, and the restaurants and stores eventually shut down....

(STILL gonna vote to re-elect Trump, no matter what). Wink

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1034 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post