New
Find
Notify
Tools

welding question
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I have a older Lincoln 175 square wave tig at my house do a descent amount of welding my question is does anyone have any real world experience with electricity bills that may have switched to a newer inverter style machine. want to make the switch just wondering if I will be saving any money on my huge electricity bills

Posts: 408 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
You will save money on a more efficient inverter welder, but if you're just a hobby welder, you'll probably never notice the difference. It will make you feel like a better welder if that's worth anything.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I would say i'm not a pro buy any means but I do a lot of chassis and cage work all the time my machine is 17 yrs old

Posts: 408 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You got to do a bunch of welding to see it on the bill IME.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post