DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Lenient Tech Inspections at Big Money Races
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lenient Tech Inspections at Big Money Races
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I don't think anybody here doubts that....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4466 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Good, they shouldn’t

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Chicken Little has plenty of time to look, because he's too scared to compete. Razz

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
You're concerned about cage certifications??? They run motorcycles against cars at some of the big money races. Who cares about safety it's big money!

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
You're concerned about cage certifications??? They run motorcycles against cars at some of the big money races. Who cares about safety it's big money!

Not to move away from the original point, but I would not personally line up next to a motorcycle. If we tangle, he/she is in deep poo. I couldn't live with that. For me, better to just stand down. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
There is no chance I will ever run my car against a motorcycle just for the reason that Tom mentioned in the previous post.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
x2

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
While we don't actively race/compete against Motorcycles, quads & snowmobiles. If we get lined up against one, we will gladly try & take their money. On the flip side, we own & race/compete with a motorcycle & quad(s). If we get lined up against a car or dragster, we will gladly try & take their money. Yes, we have been in both of them scenarios; not sure about dragster but wouldn't stop us from competing.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vince Kaiser:
I guess my track is more stringent on the rules since the NHRA headquarters is literally at the main gate.

Laughing Hard

I haven't even had the hood off my car for an inspection there since 2002...fact.

Dave at Tri-State called me out for expired belts (unintentional on my part)) and a dribble from my left axle seal a few years ago.

I forgot, I got chastised several times for rolling my window down before I exited the track surface, until I could stop myself from doing it....it was my habit. Roll Eyes

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1663 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FastLane
posted Hide Post
You cant roll your windows down after a pass, but you can race an open c ockpit car....

Makes complete sense...

Posts: 395 | Location: Parked... | Registered: May 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
I have also been busted by the "windows down in the shutdown area" police. They're just doing as they are instructed to do, so I just nod and comply.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
Having dealt with the insurance companies and NHRA and IHRA at tracks I owned, if there is an injury you just fill out a report, file the claim and they rush to pay it and get a Release signed, period. Never, ever, even with a fatality at my track did NHRA or Insurance company do one thing, look at one safety item, nothing.

Jok, that is surprising to me. I would have thought the insurance companies would have looked for any reason to reduce payout, and protect themselves from litigation. I remember Ed posting the case of a racer's family suing after the racer passed from injuries in a wreck during a track rental.

For me, I'll go by the rules, for my own safety and preference. As long as your junk stays in your lane, I'm good. I'm more worried about someone losing it landing an airplane at the stripe than I am if their belts or helmet are up to date.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I don’t care if your seatbelts are expired or not, I don’t care if you got your vaccine or not, I don’t care if your flex plate has an SFI sticker still on it, I don’t care if you wear a mask or not, I don’t care if your chassis sticker is expired, I don’t care if you own guns are not. I don’t care if you wear your fire pants or not, I don’t care if you use smoke detectors in your house or not.

Posts: 794 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Drop to neutral after stripe, hit the switches- both windows down. Too Hot for an Old Guy in a small truck.
I don't care what others do either, racerdude, that is on them and the track and insurance company.
Trust me on this, been through litigation with track insurance companies and I was an adjuster for insurance companies for 15 years, they will jump through hoops top get any claim settled "out of court" as a Summary Judgement I think they called it. What they never want to know is "Are the Releases of Liability" we all allegedly sign at the Pit Gate worth the paper they are written on. If it is proven they are worthless, the entire Track Insurance Program will likely make a huge change.

The "Assumption and Acceptance of Rick of Injury" might seem obvious; to a jury it may not.

My suggestion: do your best to have proper equipment, use common sense installing it and using it. Consider the car in the other lane and in the pit area. If the sport loses reasonable cost event insurance, racing as we know it might cease to exist as NO TRACK OWNER I have ever met will accept that liability as a property owner.

Be safe, don't so stupid s--t and enjoy the weekend.

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t care if your seatbelts are expired or not, I don’t care if you got your vaccine or not, I don’t care if your flex plate has an SFI sticker still on it, I don’t care if you wear a mask or not, I don’t care if your chassis sticker is expired, I don’t care if you own guns are not. I don’t care if you wear your fire pants or not, I don’t care if you use smoke detectors in your house or not.

Good lord man, how do you expect to impose your will on others with that kind of attitude? Guess we'll leave that to the Rednecks.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:

About the only thing that can affect me regularly is if others have engine containment on their cars. A couple of those that don't can eat up a race day in a hurry.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post