DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Spring Fling Galot sells out in less than 2 minutes
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spring Fling Galot sells out in less than 2 minutes
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
Got to take my hat off to Kyle & Peter for building a brand so sought after like they have.

I told my girls this morning, this was going to be a chore to get into this race and if you were planning on going you better be ready.

Looks like there were again some technical difficulties and I'm by no means pointing fingers and I'm sure the duo isn't happy about the process because their whole sales pitch is about things going flawless and I know this is not how they've intended it.

Everyone always and should have opinions, but believe me it's not as easy on their side of the fence, but it was mentioned and I told my girls the exact same thing, that maybe it's time to go to a "lottery" type drawing similar that they do for the shootouts.

Just thinking out loud, what's your thoughts?

Heck, it could be live streamed and all, prizes given away, what a deal it could become! Just a thought

Posts: 2105 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I don’t have a dog in the fight but I think first step would be one entry per person if it isn’t already and I mean driver can only go down the track once period and only one entry per call or however they do it. Not I need an entry for me and my brother and my dad and so on. If there’s 500 entries then it should take 500 calls or such to enter.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Definitely need a LOTTERY

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Given the venue location, limited entries to All, this 2 minute sell out is not surprising. Be advised, the Fall Fling will be a repeat.

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Previous participants should have first choice, then lottery for remaining slots.

Posts: 521 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Screw the lottery, I've never once been drawn for anything I wanted, there process works.

Posts: 62 | Location: south carolina | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Holy Moly That's impressive!

Congrats Kyle and Peter clapping

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Shows the level of interest!

Congrats to Peter and Kyle!

It will eventually come down to one entry per driver to allow more teams to race their series IMO...

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Maybe they need to have 2 web pages. If 1 site can not handle the load. My question would be out of the 400 people on the list

How many were actually sitting in front of there computer @ 12pm as opposed to already being on the list before 12

I will try again for the Bristol race. If the same issues occur then I will spend my money at other events

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Shows the level of interest!

Congrats to Peter and Kyle!

It will eventually come down to one entry per driver to allow more teams to race their series IMO...

It is already over due! Peter and Kyle put on a great race but not everyone can sit by a computer ready to sign up in that time period. I also know racers who were ready to sign up and couldn't even get on the entry page!!! As good as this race is, something like, this which is not the first time it's happened, is just so frustrating you end say the heck with it, I'm done with this race! I know this is what neither Peter or Kyle want, but that's where they are at and allowing double entries just adds to the frustrations! Nothing is perfect but this could easily be improved IMO.

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MorgretNation:
My question would be out of the 400 people on the list

How many were actually sitting in front of there computer @ 12pm as opposed to already being on the list before 12

Knowing Fling group, I'd say all where in front of the computer and ZERO were on the list before. The reason their races are successful is because they have integrity. They do what they say they are going to do.

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will try again for the Bristol race. If the same issues occur then I will spend my money at other events

I too was unable to get into the 2019 Fall Fling that entry crashed / sold out in less than 5 minutes. But I am going to try again for the 2020 Fall Fling. Although it’s on my bucket list, if I don’t get in it won’t bother me.

There’s so much Great Big Money bracket racing East of the Missip in 2020 that is pay at the gate and much easier pre-entry.

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:

There’s so much Great Big Money bracket racing East of the Missip in 2020 that is pay at the gate and much easier pre-entry.

Which is why the promotors need to pay attention! Most of us do this for fun and because we love it. SO going to a race like the fling looses the FUN when you and your racing buddies want & plan to go but only a few end up getting in! So it boils down to "getting tired" of fighting (so to speak) to get into a race.

Again, Peter and Kyle do a great job, but that doesn't mean they can't make it better!

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Exactly Right

quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:

Which is why the promotors need to pay attention! Most of us do this for fun and because we love it. SO going to a race like the fling looses the FUN when you and your racing buddies want & plan to go but only a few end up getting in! So it boils down to "getting tired" of fighting (so to speak) to get into a race.

Again, Peter and Kyle do a great job, but that doesn't mean they can't make it better!

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DANGERBOY
posted Hide Post
Ive never been able to enter one! My **** is to slow I guess.

Posts: 86 | Location: cincinnati | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I was sitting on the laptop with a high speed connection and refreshed the page from 11:59 to 12:00. It let me in right at 12:00 and stalled out a little a couple times. I got the reply right at 12:02 that I was entered. Had to use auto fill for most of it then hand input my CC info.

This is really getting stupid in a hurry folks. We all have to pre plan for enrollment day like it’s Black Friday shopping! Y’all don’t even understand how bad I hate Black Friday. Worse thing ever thought up.

Easy fix...

No double entries until noon the next day IF the race isn’t full.

Add some cars. We go to race. Not to get 8 hrs sleep a night. I don’t want to see the old Norwalk 10 grand nationals or the SFG 800 car counts entered. 400 isn’t much different than 500 cars at the end of the night.

Just my thoughts

Kurt Harrington

Posts: 10 | Location: Muncie IN | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t want to see the old Norwalk 10 grand nationals or the SFG 800 car counts entered.

I like the SFG new format for the 500k + 1.1M. Friday 1st rd and re-entry, Saturday run to completion. A warm up and 100k before and another $$k after main event. Pay at the gate for any separate race you want.

And I especially like that there is going to be a door car and dragster in final rd.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
How about move the event to Charlotte 4 wide. Pay at the gate. Not 4 cars against each other but alternating pairs.Can get alot of cars down the track

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Hopefully we can race all 3 races Peter and Kyle host!

In Vegas and Galot so far! Hoping for a good season of racing!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Maybe they need to let the people who didn’t get in this year go to front of line next year.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post