Find
Notify
Tools

Camp Fire Ca.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
Again the fires have taken a toll!
Racer and great friend Keith White TS Ford truck lost everything! Rv’s trailers, Shop and home. Unreal! Just got off the phone with Kevin Aldridge (crew) after trying for two days to reach KW!
Praying for relief.
I am sure there are other racers and families affected. Keep praying for them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4503 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Brother had to abandon his Thousand Oaks mansion. Don’t know what the outcome is at this point.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Devastating, I really can’t imagine the destruction of these fires. So many hurting people.
We will keep them in our prayers.

Just trying to have some FUN!

Posts: 51 | Location: Torrance , Ca. | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just found out Nancy’s niece lost everything in that fire as well, so many people affected it’s hard to imagine.

Just trying to have some FUN!

Posts: 51 | Location: Torrance , Ca. | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable Rich and they are saying a transformer was the blame?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4503 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
They said the water grains was 2 yesterday at the finals in Pomona, just shows how dry it is out there

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have been in CA for the week and the winds have been strong over the last days.

Yesterday I saw the dew point was 2*, very dry.

Sorry for those going through it.

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bubbletop409
posted Hide Post
Residents and victims can thank the sierra club and environmentalists for the current conflagration that is spreading death and destruction across what was once ( decades ago ) a golden state I was once proud to call home.

Larry
62 Bel-Air 409
79 Cole TR-2 SunsetRaceCraft 565 RIP TRACY
260 Eliminator Eagle XP HP500EFI
NO MO BOMA
WELL DONE USN SEAL TEAM 6
Proud Deplorable

Posts: 60 | Location: Castro Valley, CA State of Insanity | Registered: August 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bubbletop409:
Residents and victims can thank the sierra club and environmentalists for the current conflagration that is spreading death and destruction across what was once ( decades ago ) a golden state I was once proud to call home.

What the Pres was getting at... Horrible! KDub = Keith lost everything. Very sad. Again our power distribution system failed? At least that’s what they are saying?? Makes you sick.

Raceless in California!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
Im sorry for you guys having to deal with those damn fires !! God, thats gotta be awful, every stinking year !!

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:

What the Pres was getting at... Horrible! KDub = Keith lost everything. Very sad. Again our power distribution system failed? At least that’s what they are saying?? Makes you sick.

I think he was saying that mismanaging the forests in Cali is contributing to the massiveness of the fires. It's something that has pretty much been suspected and discussed for decades. The left is hurt about his timing of his comments. Even though they jump on gun control as soon as some wack job shoots someone.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Anyone that encounters personal tragedy has my concerns. However, can anyone be surprised about fire in CA? I was in San Diego 15 or so years ago and you could watch the wild fires burn in the distance. So certainly isn't anything new. Just as I live in OK I can't be too surprised if I get hit by a tornado. Comes with the territory I guess.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bubbletop409
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:

I think he was saying that mismanaging the forests in Cali is contributing to the massiveness of the fires. It's something that has pretty much been suspected and discussed for decades. The left is hurt about his timing of his comments. Even though they jump on gun control as soon as some wack job shoots someone.

Exactly the problem, during a forest fire several years ago at South Lake Tahoe, helicopters were forced to fly to Fallen Leaf Lake to refill their water drop buckets. They were forbidden to refill from Lake Tahoe. Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Same thing here in the state of insanity, active forest management has been neglected or forbidden for decades, the fuel is unlimited on the forest floors.

Larry
62 Bel-Air 409
79 Cole TR-2 SunsetRaceCraft 565 RIP TRACY
260 Eliminator Eagle XP HP500EFI
NO MO BOMA
WELL DONE USN SEAL TEAM 6
Proud Deplorable

Posts: 60 | Location: Castro Valley, CA State of Insanity | Registered: August 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
California doesn't want to hear any of that...and they really don't want to hear it from Trump.

Anyhow...my heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones there.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
California’s American Indians knew better than this administration about forest management hundreds of years ago.

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
There is not a thing that will stop this madness. But If you owned a multiple-million home why would you count on anyone to protect it. You live in the hills make sure you have a huge pool, then install a robust sprinkler system to protect your home with you own generator to power it. I still feel bad for all those who lost it all , rich, middle class, poor or a business owner who lost it all. Just got a text stating looter's will be shot on site....WOW... Who would be so callous to steal from these fire victims....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Nik, while I was cleaning my property after the Yarnell Hill fire, people were coming on our property stealing our stuff. It took wearing a side arm to curtail and many of the looters got mad that I didn't let them take the stuff.

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I wonder if there is any protection that works when the forest is close to the house. Sprinklers may not do a lick of good with the intense heat of the fire in the back yard. I dunno.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I thought they didn't like guns in Cali?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
In the areas where Chuck and I live everyone carries. Try looting here and it would be a “one time only” experience. There ain’t no sanctuary protection for looters here, just lots of places to bury them.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post