DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Are you trying to watch this Million Dollar Final???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you trying to watch this Million Dollar Final???
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Never seen such such a mess from 8 cars on. For that income, why are the scoreboards not working?? I wish I wasn't such a fan of this stuff!! Reminds me why I like a local race for $1500 !!

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Imagine going to that from Galot. And I raced before scoreboards.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Hell they had to stop an go out in right lane near big end an throw chunks of the race track over the wall...

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
no victims there, only willing participants in that shyt show!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Why did KB and Gary have to rerun several times?

Posts: 62 | Location: south carolina | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Video....Throw chunks of the race track over the wall.... Where is the link?????. This i have to see.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'm at the million its raining now and they will run the last 50 grander tomorrow. From what I saw because I was already out and was told that one of the sensors on the starting line was failing. Gary Williams caught the problem and they were down for a while to change. They gave the right lane semi a test hit at it and then back in the water box and then the actual run. Ricky Adkins test hit was a good hit on the bulb. In the actual race in the semi he said he missed it a little but the track felt good but it had slowed down. I was with him at his pit as he pulled in and he said he was ready to hit the spray but the track felt good. Congratulations to all 4 semi. And Kevin Branen for the overall winner a shout out for Tom Dauber for the runner up.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hold up the race if you have to.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
larger timing mistakes are obvious , what about .005 types ?

Posts: 62 | Location: Larwill,In | Registered: September 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If I was home watching I would also be confused. But due to the electronic fail they did the best they could and still get the race finished. I believe the caliber of the racers that were left just went and made the best of it. Randy Folk and his crew put on a good event and with the area down here getting pounded in the last month with hurricanes etc Montgomery Motorsports park was probably lucky to be operational at all. Well hope to do good tomorrow and either way have to head back to Ohio.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
I watched it this morning and was like WTF is going on??? Guess they need to do some upgrading at the track..

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1395 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mark very small numbers are very important as you know better than most. You were way ahead off everyone else in this area way back in the late 70s and 80s. You were all over the small end of the numbers when most were trying to keep it green 30 or better. What we do is all numbers and kinda take for granted the numbers are correct. Well its a BIG take for granted. All legal gambling has checks and balances and I think some certified . I would think that most tracks would want to have a properly operating system but that would be based on how informed and knowledge in their particular set up. The gas pump well fill our tank is supposed to be a certified device as other things in our daily lives are. Maybe some will respond on here as to the accuracy of everything. Mark thank you for your influence in this sport.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SLICKSTER:
If I was home watching I would also be confused. But due to the electronic fail they did the best they could and still get the race finished. I believe the caliber of the racers that were left just went and made the best of it. Randy Folk and his crew put on a good event and with the area down here getting pounded in the last month with hurricanes etc Montgomery Motorsports park was probably lucky to be operational at all. Well hope to do good tomorrow and either way have to head back to Ohio.
This place was bought out a few years back for cheap....an has ZERO PENNIIES spent on it since....scoreboards have been a problem..

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
I sit at the starting line Wednesday watching drivers tell the starter there dial was wrong and the starter would tell them the scoreboard is messed up so how hard would it have been to brought someone in to check it. I thought to myself if there messed up what else is or could be. Sure the small boards showed the correct dial but really threw some drives off. A race like this and the money the folks have spent there over the years the track should have had things looked at and spent a little of there money making sure it’s right.

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
ike hamma built and sold a delay box checker . i still have mine . But he and i knew the real problems came from the timing systems .

a portable , set it in the beams both on the starting line and finish line timer that picks up the top bulb to start and and then triggers a device to stop on the finish line.

Run a series of 20 cycles , and compare with the tracks numbers

that could at least give us some form of an idea of the accuracy .

Posts: 62 | Location: Larwill,In | Registered: September 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I still have mine!!

Posts: 47 | Location: KINGS MTN.,NC US | Registered: January 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 60 falcon
posted Hide Post
I'm still curious why the whole 1/4 final round wasn't re-run? Williams was in the first pair so the sensor was messed up the whole round, or was it just Williams truck that was messing it up?

sammy mathis

Posts: 67 | Location: iowa park, texas | Registered: October 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 60 falcon:
I'm still curious why the whole 1/4 final round wasn't re-run? Williams was in the first pair so the sensor was messed up the whole round, or was it just Williams truck that was messing it up?
Apparently the LOSERS didn’t complain...

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Surely promoters have the timing system tested and certified by the manufacturer before high buck races ....lolololol

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Surely promoters have the timing system tested and certified by the manufacturer before high buck races ....lolololo

Hey, if you want big payouts the money has to come from somewhere. Rob Peter to pay Paul.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post