New
Find
Notify
Tools

Supply Chain
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That meme just posted makes so much sense.I think there are some rough times ahead.Just today,I read a few articles as to the demand for freight and trucking is really dropping which almost always spells recession.
Lots of people have been living on easy street for quite awhile.
All these jobs and nobody wants to work will eventually change to no jobs and everybody looking for work.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
the sky is falling. Didn't think of that

The only ones living on "easy street" are those that wanted to live on easy street which ain't easy to get to so they worked everyday and did whatever was required, had milestones along the way to achieving their goal(s). They make things happen, not watch and wait for things to happen no mind complain. They know that hope is not a strategy for success.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think they're gonna kick the can down the road some more with negative rates.

Negative interest rates is a polite term for a oligarchical looting operation, but it'll keep the potemkin village alive for a bit longer none the less.

You keep hearing the fed chair talking about instruments, if you listen. I think they have plenty of tricks left in their bag of instruments.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
I think they're gonna kick the can down the road some more with negative rates.

Negative interest rates is a polite term for a oligarchical looting operation, but it'll keep the potemkin village alive for a bit longer none the less.

You keep hearing the fed chair talking about instruments, if you listen. I think they have plenty of tricks left in their bag of instruments.

Negative interest rates will definitely be here,but I don't think they will happen just yet.
And to the other guy,the sky definitely isn't falling for me.
Don't know what brought that on.Been working since I was 16,so I definitely am not going broke any time soon.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
so have I and nor am I. I will retire on "easy steet"!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just in time manufacturing in thanks in large part to inventory taxes. Just another ending money grab by the government.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
That meme just posted makes so much sense.I think there are some rough times ahead.Just today,I read a few articles as to the demand for freight and trucking is really dropping which almost always spells recession.
All these jobs and nobody wants to work will eventually change to no jobs and everybody looking for work.

How can demand for freight and trucking be dropping when everyone is ordering online and relying on shipping?

In the industry my wife works in, IF they can manufacture enough of their product, they are having difficulty acquiring enough cardboard for packaging. And IF they manage to package the product, they can’t find anyone to haul it from the factories to the distribution centers.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3160 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:

How can demand for freight and trucking be dropping when everyone is ordering online and relying on shipping?

In the industry my wife works in, IF they can manufacture enough of their product, they are having difficulty acquiring enough cardboard for packaging. And IF they manage to package the product, they can’t find anyone to haul it from the factories to the distribution centers.

I didn't make it up.Reuters is usually a good source.

https://www.reuters.com/busine...ic-gloom-2022-04-25/

https://www.foxbusiness.com/ec...ow-looming-recession

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’d say we are almost certain to have a recession this summer

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
and I’d say we are almost certain NOT to have a recession this summer

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Agree....Dems can't afford a Recession before the
Mid Terms....Will do anything to avoid one...

Posts: 228 | Location: North Royalton Ohio US*** | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I work in Corporate America, I'm very happy and I also race more than the majority that post here. Life is good!

Ed,
What do you do in corporate America?

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by S/S Dart:
^^^^^^^
Agree....Dems can't afford a Recession before the
Mid Terms....Will do anything to avoid one...

Part of me thinks the same thing.
But then I think,what do you see them doing?

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

They will continue to print money inflation be damned. They will continue to feed the war machine, covid and whatever other crisis they manufacture (oops, I already said print money).

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:

They will continue to print money inflation be damned. They will continue to feed the war machine, covid and whatever other crisis they manufacture (oops, I already said print money).

Yea,they will cancel student debt.

Might as well cancel everyone's mortgage payment too.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
World has been ending since I was born.

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Exactly Lou. While the chicken littles look to the falling sky, I’m going to continue to make $ and have a good time.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Of course there is no such thing as "cancel", debt can only be transferred. Someone will absorb the debt. The government (taxpayer) will assume the debt and now we're full circle, print the money to cover it.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:

Of course there is no such thing as "cancel", debt can only be transferred. Someone will absorb the debt. The government (taxpayer) will assume the debt and now we're full circle, print the money to cover it.

I know.
Bottom line is that the more money you have,the more taxes you will have to pay.Taxes will be going UP.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Taxes always go up