DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    SFG added another million dollar race
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SFG added another million dollar race
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted
The Christmas bash next year in December at
Bradenton will have a million dollar race. That makes 2 possible millions next year from SFG.

Posts: 433 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
that won't have a enough cars entered to pay $400k and the ultimate winner will take home 40% of the actual winner's pot unless me and my son go and end up in the final!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Easy to say a million but harder to pay a million. Ed is right.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have to admire what they are trying to do.

Many economists are expecting 2023 to be a very bad year for the economy.

Its A Bold Strategy Cotton, Lets See If It Pays Off For Em

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
I have to admire what they are trying to do.

Many economists are expecting 2023 to be a very bad year for the economy.

Its A Bold Strategy Cotton, Lets See If It Pays Off For Em

Ya think? Let's Go Brandon!

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
that won't have a enough cars entered to pay $400k and the ultimate winner will take home 40% of the actual winner's pot unless me and my son go and end up in the final!

Exactly what Ed said

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm still considering running the SFG M..M..Million in Martin MI the end of June. I hate calling any of them a Million. I know how we/I get treated at the Fling Million. Not so sure if I want to take a chance at the perceived circus/zoo with SFG. I'm still planning on being in MI for 2 months in July & Aug with the race car. So, I guess we'll see?

Martin was my home track that my dad & stepmom would drag my sister & I to, when we were kids. That's where I got my bug to drag race. We went & raced there 5 or 6 years ago; it's a nice facility!

2BKING Big Grin

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2520 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I thought the big #2 announcement was interesting. Attend all four SFG 2023 events, double, buy back, enter the jackpot and win four rds to get back in, and the racer that goes the most rds and highest finish is the four series points winner.

Imho, this would be more appealing if it was a winner for each individual event.

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

He might.......but you ? Big Grin

Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
How does SFG make money on these races? I ran quick math on it, has to have around 290 cars but below 300 cars to profit, and then has to go up to 505 to start being profitable again.

Even the single day entry fee at 400 for the 50's is unprofitable until around 550-600 cars even including 100% buyback rate?

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
lots of revenue sources at most types of events. Race sponsor money, vendors kickback, concession sales, buy backs, TnT days before the actual race days etc. Remember it's all cash so the ability to end up with positive money at the end is very likely...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4450 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
How does SFG make money on these races? I ran quick math on it, has to have around 290 cars but below 300 cars to profit, and then has to go up to 505 to start being profitable again.

Even the single day entry fee at 400 for the 50's is unprofitable until around 550-600 cars even including 100% buyback rate?

Bracket racing entry / payout math will make your brain bleed.

One thing every promoter and track operator have in common.......a gambling problem. Wink

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1622 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Holytown:

Bracket racing entry / payout math will make your brain bleed.

One thing every promoter and track operator have in common.......a gambling problem.

Yea and every raqcer running car does not gamble.LOL Hell if not for the gamble what would be fun about it other than speed and the building of the car?

Agree he might not have enough cars, but hell he is trying and pretty sure not losing money or could not continue doing it.

With all the drag racing is dying talk and then knocking someone doing something to keep it alive, Really?

Seems pretty simple if do not feel its a good deal then don't run it.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4178 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:

Your math is WILDLY inaccurate.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
quote:

Your math is WILDLY inaccurate.

How does it work then?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Holytown,

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Its called double enter, buy back X2, Jackpot $$, they don't do this to loose $$ And most dont start paying back till 3 Rd win

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just going to say nobody doing this for free ... No shot

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The only way to make surefire money is to have house cars in the split.