DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    9th Annual JEGS Summer Door Car Shootout
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9th Annual JEGS Summer Door Car Shootout
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
You can see more details and comment on this over on the Big Bucks page: https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...7607534/m/2477025286 https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...7607534/m/2477025286

The “Biggest Little Door Car Race in the Midwest” returns to I-57 Dragstrip July 19-21.

Big additions for this season include:
• Increased Friday purse ($7500-to-win)!
• More (& better) prizes than ever: well over $35,000 in prizes, in addition to a CASH purse that promises to exceed $75,000!

It will be the richest SDCS in history, and we plan to make it the most enjoyable as well!

As usual, the SDCS will be pre-entry only. Our entry process is unchanged from previous years: past entrants get first priority; second priority goes in the order that entries are received. So, if you’ve been to every (or several editions of the) SDCS, just get your entry in before July 1 and you’ll be in. If this will be your first Summer Door Car Shootout, or you’ve attended once or twice in the past, you’ll want to get your entry in early to have the best chance to earn your spot!

The entry form will be available at www.I57sdcs.com www.I57sdcs.com on Wednesday (May 15). To get the form delivered straight to your inbox as soon as it’s available, click here: thisisbracketracing.com/enterSDCS thisisbracketracing.com/enterSDCS

Posts: 153 | Location: Carterville, IL | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If I read this correct this race is $450 to run for $7500 3 times and 2 posts away is another door car race for $475 that pays $10,00-$40,000-$10,000----lot of purse difference there.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
If I read this correct this race is $450 to run for $7500 3 times and 2 posts away is another door car race for $475 that pays $10,00-$40,000-$10,000----lot of purse difference there.

Luke's event is also limited to 200 cars, and in a VERY different market. By all accounts, it is a great event, and in high demand.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I believe I have attended 5 SDCS events. It's worth every penny.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
big crowd last knight. Now big dog draws big crowd every time they are running.Also had bunch of bracket guys out.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4175 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I was in the tower most of the night. At least 3 of them ere in the 3s. 80 outlaw door slammers + 6.00 and 7.49. Place was packed.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile back to the subject of the Jegs summer door car shootout.... when you see the spectator crowd that shows up at the coolest little track in the Midwest on a Saturday night you WANT to be there. Really good time that isn’t about getting rich. It’s about racing for a decent purse for a fair entry and having a good time. I’ve raced for way more money and have had a way less fun time.

Kurt Harrington

Posts: 10 | Location: Muncie IN | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
^^^nice save Kurt !!

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
aint it the truth^^^^^^^^I should know better