DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    TB Promotions talking about Big Money .90 Race
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TB Promotions talking about Big Money .90 Race
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Tyler Bohannon said on a podcast last week that he is going to put on a big money .90 race possibly in St. Louis.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Sounds good to me. I love the St Louis track. It's only 680 miles away though. Sum*****

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 295 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
With the NHRA guys traveling all over the US to chase a wally, surely they'd go to STL for 10 or 20k???

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm listening... 5hr drive for 10K+ I'm in for that. Better than $180 enrty for 1K

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
With the NHRA guys traveling all over the US to chase a wally, surely they'd go to STL for 10 or 20k???

not at over 1000 miles away. Many $10-20k bracket races throughout the season within 3 hours of my house.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You will see plenty of guys comment that 600 miles is too far,yet they will drive 1200 miles to win $1,000 at a Divisional race.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
THIS ^^^^ good luck in the mid 2000,s there were several 10k guaranteed to win super gas races put on in the southeast where 70 plus sg at d2 races were normal. i think maybe 40 showed for the 10k races. pretty much ended that lol

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
True, but this is the only place you're going to win that kind of money running .90 classes. Maybe people will just want to be there to take part in it?

DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
IHRA did $5K for Sportsman Spectaculars and use to get 10-15 cars at Maryland.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
for a .90 big $ race to get a good car count...

1. the money has to be GUARANTEED, aka no minimum car count and it has to be $50k to win in each class. $10-$20k ain't enough for many to travel more than 4 hours when they can chase that payout closer to home.

2. must run all three .90 classes as a seperate eliminator

3. has to be 1/4 mile racing

4. it has to be in the middle of the country

5. it has to be scheduled so there's no conflict with division 1-2-3-4-5 races as well national events as well the Flings and SFG races

without the above, I'd be surprise if they got 100 cars

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DANGERBOY
posted Hide Post
Some 10 or 20's and 5 s/st and think it would fly! On the right date of course.

Posts: 86 | Location: cincinnati | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ed, your spot on. I used to live in Indiana and race a S/C dragster. The .90 classes are boring as h-e-l-l to most spectators. So hoping spectator count will help pay the bills is a dream. Getting enough competitors thru the gate is a tough sell without a decent payout. In years past there has been an effort to put together a .90's series, all failed due to low car count, ergo, not enough interest. Don't see that much has changed today.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
It sounds great, and it isn’t terribly far away, but I honestly would be unlikely to attend.

I’ve only run a full 8-race divisional schedule once, and my throttle stops are removed and installed several times throughout the season to bracket race off the top and bottom. I can race for $10k many times closer to home.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3149 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post