Bracket Talk
JEGS Summer Door Car Shootout Postponed

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/75460652/m/2557080396

April 10, 2020, 10:38 AM
DragRaceResults
JEGS Summer Door Car Shootout Postponed
The 2020 JEGS Performance Summer Door Car Shootout has been postponed. We'll share a reschedule date when one is available.

I57 Dragstrip 2020 Season Update:

As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and the related uncertainty throughout Southern Illinois and across the globe, I-57 Dragstrip will not be open for business of any kind in the near future. Our intention is to reopen and host our regularly scheduled events in 2020, and as soon as possible. As this situation improves, we’ll be back in action. At this time, we do not know and cannot speculate as to when that date will be. We can only assure you, our loyal customers, that it will be several weeks down the road. Stay tuned to the I-57 Dragstrip Facebook page: we’ll share related announcements and updates here.

In regards to our premier bracket event, the JEGS Summer Door Car Shootout, which we host and co-promote with Luke Bogacki, the same message applies. We intend to host the 10th anniversary JEGS Summer Door Car Shootout in 2020 if at all possible. Unfortunately it will not take place on the scheduled date of June 19-21. Events of this magnitude require significant planning and preparation (both for our staff and our racers), and the current events render those efforts both useless and unnecessary.

We have big plans for the 10th annual JEGS Summer Door Car Shootout, and had intentions of releasing the official event flyer this week. We were set to begin the pre-entry process on April 13, as originally stated. In this time of uncertainty, we’re not comfortable accepting pre-entry deposits from our racers or even teasing the details of the 10th version of the “Biggest Little Door Car Race in the Midwest.” When an event schedule is clear, we’ll let everyone know, and we’ll set a shortened pre-entry process into motion.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. Believe us, when the time is right, we want to get back to racing just as much as you do!

www.dragraceresults.com