DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Coronavirus and NHRA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coronavirus and NHRA
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I'm hoping this ends VERY soon like everyone else.I hope some degree of normalcy returns soon.

I am not trying to be negative,but I am going to start preserving all of my National Dragsters that will probably sell for a good buck on Ebay in about 20 years.

Honestly,will they survive? Will their business model weather the storm?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
My gut says this will make them make Nationals for Pros only.
Divisionals will be for sportsmen.

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pentastarrail:
My gut says this will make them make Nationals for Pros only.
Divisionals will be for sportsmen.

How many Pro cars will be left?
Will people go to watch 4 Top Fuel cars battling it out?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The sportsman are the fill at Nationals. We pay NHRA to race the National events . If it wasn't for us NHRA would have to pay for Jet Cars, Wheel Standers, Motorcycles doing tricks. Etc.. Pro only National's won't happen.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1005 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
I'm hoping this ends VERY soon like everyone else.I hope some degree of normalcy returns soon.

I am not trying to be negative,but I am going to start preserving all of my National Dragsters that will probably sell for a good buck on Ebay in about 20 years.

Maybe fifteen bucks a copy by then. Not worth preserving.....

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 158 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Hawk:
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:

Maybe fifteen bucks a copy by then. Not worth preserving.....

After this is all over,I think I will need the $15 in 20 years if I am still around.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
There seems to be a way for NHRA to get involved with their business model at

https://www.iracing.com/

A good way to get revenue to ride out this storm. Nascar is well positioned on it.

Unfortunately,this is the same organization that puts out NHRA.TV that rarely works properly.

VIRTUAL racing may be the future!