DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Drag coverage 3 racers lost this week
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drag coverage 3 racers lost this week
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted
Drag Coverage is saying 3 racers lost their lives this week racing. Do not know any other details but terrible news if true.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hard not to look at glue shortage and wonder...

Not saying this is the case but I can't remember a time where this has happened in the past but I have not been around as long as some. Without even knowing the details of how we lost these three drivers its tough to say that is related though.

Condolences to all those involved.

Posts: 89 | Location: Inverness, Fl | Registered: November 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
It is sad. Have not heard much else about it or any details how or why?

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What we do is dangerous. They chose to race.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Diesel truck racer, promod racer and a motorcycle racer

Posts: 785 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
What we do is dangerous. They chose to race.

Indeed.
Yet we morn their loss, even if it is without handwringing.
And we ask what we can be doing differently to continuously improve the safety of our sport.
Same that we would do if God forbid, something happened to you or your son.
It being a choice doesn't make their deaths meaningless to everyone.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6377 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Your words not mind and save your speech for someone that cares and there is no god.

Further, we never learn anything from on track deaths, there is never an official cause presented to the public let alone the racing community. Condolences to their families.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your words not mind and save your speech for someone that cares and there is no god.

I don't care in the slightest what you believe, how you identify, or what your words meant inside your head. What your words DO is arrogantly brush away any significance of losing three racers in such a short time period in participation in our sport.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6377 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You don’t have the slightest clue to what my words mean, that is your interpretation fueled by hate and jealously.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
You don’t have the slightest clue to what my words mean, that is your interpretation fueled by hate and jealously.

Oh here we go. Lol

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
For once I agree with Ed, his words make absolutely no sense

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12275 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
For once I agree with Ed, his words make absolutely no sense

When someone dies on the way to work, do we say”well driving is dangerous. They made their choices?”
No
That would be callous and retarded.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
About 150,000 people die everyday. Do we start topics on a message board for each of them? No that would be stupid and serve no purpose as this thread is and does which tells us nothing about the events/cause that lead to their deaths.

FYI, about 26 died while I was typing this reply.

Again, drag racing is dangerous, many people have died while doing it and many more will.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
About 150,000 people die everyday. Do we start topics on a message board for each of them? No that would be stupid and serve no purpose as this thread is and does which tells us nothing about the events/cause that lead to their deaths.

FYI, about 26 died while I was typing this reply.

Again, drag racing is dangerous, many people have died while doing it and many more will.

We don’t share a love of drag racing with most of those 150k Ed. When one, or in this case three in your specialized group or hobby die in one weekend, it’s certainly noteworthy. I’m not demanding a cause of death to receive this information of their passing. If we can’t show just a little respect even for those in the drag racing community when they pass, then that’s a pretty sorry state.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
We all know the risks, learning from when those risks catch up with is imperative. The safety rules are written in blood, lest that be forgotten.

Posts: 89 | Location: Inverness, Fl | Registered: November 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I do not ever remember losing tree racers in 3 separate wrecks in one weekend.

Lost one good racer last month and there is pages and pages of Condolences. Lose 3 this week and no big deal it is just racing? WTF? "What we do is dangerous. They chose to race" Really?

As always I want to know what happened so we may prevent it from happening again. While I feel for the family and respect them I also do not want any more other families to go through it if possible.

Like the guy who took off his seat belts and possibly helmet after finish line then crashed and did not survive. That is kind of thing we need to talk about and make sure it does not happen again.

Regardless I think it is a tragedy to lose any racer especially 3 in one weekend racing.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
yes really and you will never know definitely what happened, only rumor at best.

That said, there are nearly 1700 views to this thread yet only 16 replies to date from just 5 including me, what does that tell you...answer while unfortunate and terrible for the families, it's an unspoken about possible outcome with what we do and acceptable by racers or they wouldn't do it. Further, some die due to a medical event while driving.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Serious question: have the details/circumstances and names been released?

Regardless, it is tragic, and my deepest sympathies go out to the families. We all know the risks we are taking when we get behind the wheel.I hope all of you out there never have to experience someone passing at the track.

Take care of your equipment, take care of yourselves, make it home safely.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post