Tools

lets talk dogs
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
hope you got lots of energy. Those Golden's are wide open for first 4 or 5 years.

Nnnnooooooohohoho.... she's not crazy AT ALL! LOL

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5736 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have a golden retreiver lab mix. Some of you may have seen him at the SFG race at US 131. He rode with me and wife on the golf cart even though we have a back seat he wants to sit between us. Smart and understands what I say. I would take him with me while I went to the restrooms and tell him to stay on golf cart and he would wait there. He loves kids and just about everyone he meets. He's a great race dog. When we go just him and me, I leave the back door open on the pickup and when he sees me get my fire jacket he goes and gets in the back seat and waits til I get back from a pass. While we were in Michigan we went to South haven and took a tour of the lake for an hour, had to ask everyone if it was ok if my dog Champ could go and no one had a problem. He sat beside me on the ledge seats and looked at the shore and houses like everyone else and didn't move off his seat. I have had smart dogs before but he has become family and he goes where ever we go with no problems out of him.

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
My Woody is my best pal and constant companion. He's a chihuahua/min pin mix. I rescued him 3 years. This is where he rides. He points all the pretty girls.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Thats funny. A buddy of mine went up town one day in jeep with his dog riding. Said man if I knew this in school .I would have had open vehicle and a dog riding with me all the time.

Joke at local store if you need to find Chris look for Jack should be about a foot away.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We currently have three and about to get a fourth for some reason.

We have Belle who is a OLD Chihuahua

Ted who is a one year old Yorkie who weighs in at 3.8lbs

And Max a one year old Doberman who weighs in at 97lbs soon to be joined by a 1/2 brother in a couple weeks who will be 12 weeks old.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
anyone else ever wonder WTH is wrong with folks who do not have dogs. Might be just me.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I used to have a dog.

The cat ate it.

Seriously the cat ate it. Had a chihuahua along side a 4 year old 18.5 lb male aggressive mean cat and they played HARD. Came home from work expecting the dog to come running while the cat sleeps, dog didn't come running but I found blood on the floor, and the dog laying lifeless behind the toilet. She was 12 years old though and that's on up there for a chihuahua. The cat was 4. Now I have another cat and he's a lot nicer but still plays hard enough even for me to respect every inch of it. Good thing he stays outside most of the time. But it does a wonderful job of keeping the rodent population in check, with the bad part being that I have to endure the little jerk showing up with a mouse head once in a while, I guess as a "gift". He likes to bring them to me and I'll throw it across the yard and he'll fetch it, bring it back, and repeat for hours if you let it. I usually get tired of watching a cat fetch long before that. One day he came running in hollering and had a crawdad latched tight onto his tongue. Funny but I bet it hurt.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Ok, so I wanted a Fila Brasileiro. Wife got us a Bichon Frise who acts, and believes she is a Fila Brasileiro. I'm not about to tell her the truth, she has a really nasty bite.

The up-side is we don't have coyotes in our back yard at night.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mavman:
I used to have a dog.

The cat ate it.

Seriously the cat ate it. Had a chihuahua along side a 4 year old 18.5 lb male aggressive mean cat and they played HARD. Came home from work expecting the dog to come running while the cat sleeps, dog didn't come running but I found blood on the floor, and the dog laying lifeless behind the toilet. She was 12 years old though and that's on up there for a chihuahua. The cat was 4. Now I have another cat and he's a lot nicer but still plays hard enough even for me to respect every inch of it. Good thing he stays outside most of the time. But it does a wonderful job of keeping the rodent population in check, with the bad part being that I have to endure the little jerk showing up with a mouse head once in a while, I guess as a "gift". He likes to bring them to me and I'll throw it across the yard and he'll fetch it, bring it back, and repeat for hours if you let it. I usually get tired of watching a cat fetch long before that. One day he came running in hollering and had a crawdad latched tight onto his tongue. Funny but I bet it hurt.

First neve had much use for cats,but no disrepect for those who do. Second cat killed dog,cat be fertilizer. Yes my wife and mother be pissed,nothing new there.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
This is Bowzer the drag race dog, he will be 13 in August. He was born under a trailer house then abandoned until I rescued him. He has been the best dog I have ever had and I have had many

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
I have 3 German Shepherds 1 is almost hairless-Mange issue. Has been treated by the best stuff you can get. His skin is starting to turn white and pink again but no hair. They all stay in the house because its 95 degrees, My niece lives behind me and has a 4lb yorkie. That thing thinks its a sugar glider.Its hyper like a humming bird. She is sweet though. My ****zu lives in my house. pee pee pad trained. I sneak her out to run maybe 3 or 4 times a year. She is allergic to grass pollen .other things. I lost My Rottweiler about 2 yrs. ago from a seizure, She was my kid it really hurt.She lived in the house and at my shop around the AC. She had serious health issues. Thyroid etc. She weighed almost 140 lb. At least 30lbs. heavey Hard to go wrong with a GS.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Hard to go wrong with most any dog.

By the way folks remember if walking your dog the asphalt is hot as he11 and can burn their paw pads. Make them walk in grass if at all possible.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Sonny and Cher

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1832 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
Sonny and Cher

Not sure thats really nice thing to name them. LMAO

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
My favorite breeds are Siberian Husky and Malamute. They are probably the smartest dogs there is, but the problem is, they KNOW THEY ARE....and can be very stubborn because of it. You can't train them like regular dogs, you have to negotiate...but for a family dog or companion, there isn't any better. They will argue with you though, especially the siberian, as they are very vocal. And they like to run...you can't have them off a leash and your yard had better be secure, because they are escape masters!!! But they are friendly, loving, and very loyal. Suck as guard dogs though...they will let someone in, show them where everything is, and leave with them......then there's the fur thing....But I love them nevertheless.....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Might disagree on that. I had a Eskimo Spitz up till about 4 years ago. I swear you told her once and that was all that was needed. It did not matter if it was to do or not to do she knew it.

Unfortunately she died from cancer and that was first command she disobeyed me on. I told her for cpl months she had to get better and not die on me.Their profile said up to 20 years life and I got cheated out of 8 years.

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smokinjeff:
I have a golden retreiver lab mix. Some of you may have seen him at the SFG race at US 131. He rode with me and wife on the golf cart even though we have a back seat he wants to sit between us. Smart and understands what I say. I would take him with me while I went to the restrooms and tell him to stay on golf cart and he would wait there. He loves kids and just about everyone he meets. He's a great race dog. When we go just him and me, I leave the back door open on the pickup and when he sees me get my fire jacket he goes and gets in the back seat and waits til I get back from a pass. While we were in Michigan we went to South haven and took a tour of the lake for an hour, had to ask everyone if it was ok if my dog Champ could go and no one had a problem. He sat beside me on the ledge seats and looked at the shore and houses like everyone else and didn't move off his seat. I have had smart dogs before but he has become family and he goes where ever we go with no problems out of him.

Jeff, good to meet you and Champ at the Michigan race! See you in Dallas this week?

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Torqin Is was great getting to visit with you. I'm not going to make Dallas this week unfortunately. Hope to see ya down the road and Good Luck to you and Cory !!!

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post