DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Palm Beach IHRA track for sale Confirmed
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Palm Beach IHRA track for sale Confirmed
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Rejected PBIR bidder to announce Martin County site

Formula Race Promotions, with Indy champ Danny Sullivan, says it will reveal location of massive complex in early June.

“We saw how much the racing community wanted something here,” spokesman Corey Saban said. “Our team got together (and said) let’s scout out our own piece of property knowing the Moroso deal wasn’t going to happen for us.”

The proposal for Atlantic Farms Motorsports Park, published online May 13, promises multiple road courses, a drag strip, a karting track, high-end garages for car collectors, a skidpad, an amphitheater and hospitality and clubhouse space, Saban said.

https://ongardens.org/2022/05/...-martin-county-site/

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I sure hope this new project happens and includes a drag strip from the jump...these big deals are often phased so my fingers are crossed they do the strip in phase one not down the line somewhere...they are strictly road race folks after all...wishing and hoping...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That proposal looks like the original plan for PBIR. Also I think Thornburg VA deal was supposed to be the same way. They have been going round and round there for a few years now but no sign of a drag strip.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy dice:
I sure hope this new project happens and includes a drag strip from the jump...these big deals are often phased so my fingers are crossed they do the strip in phase one not down the line somewhere...they are strictly road race folks after all...wishing and hoping...

It'll never happen. It's a con to cool the neighborhood off.

Buy some time.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The big boys just need a little time to tear down the multi-million dollar state of the art drag-strip, and build their Walmart wear house.

It's not beyond the big boys to run a con on the work'n man, is it? Confused

Gradualism - destroy culture

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
As much as I would like for this proposal come to fruition it will never happen. From a business standpoint it makes no sense to invest so much cash in this type of facility. History shows that such ventures have a krappy ROI if there is any type of return. I wish them all the luck in the world but I just don't see it happening.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Update. Portman out.
https://ongardens.org/2022/06/...ouse-plan-spins-out/

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12172 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
Update. Portman out.
https://ongardens.org/2022/06/...ouse-plan-spins-out/

Hey Paul...Portman was trying to maximize building coverage via zoning variances...that was never going to happen..apparently they needed the extra square footage to make the deal work...sadly, the current owners have stated clearly there will neve be another racing venue at this location...heck, no developer could afford to pay the asking price and make a track work...I hear they are looking for $80 million now...sigh...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Look at this way though, $100 million dollars today has the purchasing power of $50 million dollars, prior to 15 days to flatten the herd.

Or thereabouts.

By the time the ink dries, that phenomenon (inflation) adds to exponentially to price tag, due to the uncertainty.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
There’s some help. This green field race track plus, to the north in Martin County, is being promoted. The business case to make a profitable track has to be interesting. I don’t think I’ve read of a single new track created from scratch as long as I’ve raced, so the odds seem low.
https://www.atlanticfarmsmotorsportspark.com/

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12172 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
SGMP (South Georgia Motorsports Park) was built from scratch, what, in the early 2000's? The oval track there is abandoned, but they are still drag racing.

The 4-wide at Charlotte was built in the last 20 years also, I think.

Those are the only two I can think of.

Mike

Posts: 1563 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Come to think of it, Bruton added the drag strip at Las Vegas also, didn't he?

Mike

Posts: 1563 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Yes,
Today SMI owns nine racing facilities, eight of which are used to host major racing series including NASCAR, IndyCar and NHRA.

Charlotte Motor Speedway, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Bristol Motor Speedway, Sonoma Raceway, Kentucky Speedway, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, New Hampshire Motor Speedway, and Texas Motor Speedway.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post