DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Palm Beach IHRA track for sale Confirmed
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Palm Beach IHRA track for sale Confirmed
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Saw a message today that both Memphis and Palm-Beach will be gone by the end of April.
Very unfortunate for racers. My home track for 25 years. So many memories.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Its what happens when investors get involved. They bleed it dry then sell it. What did you expect?

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
There are so many tracks closing throughout the country and a bunch more that are hanging by a thread.I hate to say it but our sport at the level its at right now,wont exsist in 30 plus years.

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
There are so many tracks closing throughout the country and a bunch more that are hanging by a thread.I hate to say it but our sport at the level its at right now,wont exsist in 30 plus years.

30 plus years is being pretty optimistic.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:

You're off by at least 10 years.....
We are walking dinosaurs and extinct but haven't figured it out yet...
Drag strips will be only something you could see in a picture or a history book or some sort of show on Broadway....but not the kind of "Drag Strips" we're thinking of....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It' like most of the posts in here are from a different planet.

The openly discussed plan of the puppet regime is to reduce carbon foot print.

They'll tax you for their air you're breathing eventually.

Last week it was kill your dog, save the environment - mainstream news; look it up.

What planet are ya'll living on anyway? Or are you deaf? Or is it selective hearing? Confused

I told ya'll four years ago this was coming.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You don't really think elites are for drag queen story time in schools, do you?

This is a transformation, if people don't acquire some courage and stand up, they're (elites) gonna tear it all down and put it up again, another Empire.

Read some history on how all this works, would ya.

A transformation requires disassembly, it'll be done gradually with your approval.

In the same fashion you approved officials rigging drag races.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
They need your approval so they'll do it gradually.

They'll write a law no oil changes allowed in California, you'll say that doesn't effect me - your approval.

Then the same in Oregon; you'll say that doesn't effect me - your approval.

By the time it's your turn, it's too late.

You approved it all.

They know your wishful thinking mind, better than you do.

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
Fern is correct...if a real estate investment firm buys a track they are buying the dirt not the business...IRG obviously knew what they were doing...I recall folks thinking how much they over paid back when they bought PBIR...clearly buying for about 6 million and selling for 60 million is a very good business decision and any of us would jump on that deal...I hate it but I understand it...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Hard to get my head around that property being worth 60 mil. Crazy.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
quote:

You're off by at least 10 years.....
We are walking dinosaurs and extinct but haven't figured it out yet...
Drag strips will be only something you could see in a picture or a history book or some sort of show on Broadway....but not the kind of "Drag Strips" we're thinking of....

I don't disagree but how do you explain the boom that's currently going on. I know of a number of local and national engine shops and trans that are flat out and have been for a long while. It don't add up. Everyone building stuff for Street Outlaws? LOL

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
A new NPK car will set you back $300k turkey and there’s only one engine shop to go to if you want to be a player…Pro Line.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
And your point?

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Not so, Ed. There's always Steve Morris Engines.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yes, so! Pro Line engines dominate NPK

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Hard to get my head around that property being worth 60 mil. Crazy.

I'm not sure I believe it either. I'm sure it went for a huge profit, but I just can't see that being a real number.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
On Facebook

Memphis International Raceway

Jeff Miles
The original deal that was supposed to close the track in 2021 was from a group called IAA, that fell through and opened the door for others. I made an offer of $3 million and the offer was supposed to go through, it was the highest bid at the time. However, IRG allowed another company to put a bid in and that company bid $13.5 million. They obviously won the bid and have been moving forward. Zoning change has not taken place yet, neither has the sale. With a tentative sale closing date of July 1, nothing is complete.

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't disagree but how do you explain the boom that's currently going on. I know of a number of local and national engine shops and trans that are flat out and have been for a long while. It don't add up. Everyone building stuff for Street Outlaws? LOL

Al i agree and see it with my own eyes...but if there are no more dragstrips what difference does it make? Think about the future.Lets say it costs you 150k to build a brand new dragster 20 years from now.But due to track closures the closest dragstrip is 1500 miles away? If you study science and have knowledge about our sun,the sun will increase tremendously in temperature before it cools and dies.I think that is what is currently happening.The writing is on the wall and people are getting their fix before the plug is pulled.

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
A lot of racers with mixed opinions down here. I live 45 miles from PBIR and will not race or T&T at this facility. It is run by a bunch of idiots who don't know their arse from a hole in the ground. So if it closes its affect on me is minor. OSW, is 119 miles, Immokolee is 129 miles and Bradenton is 148 miles. All three within an easy drive. Now those that can't or won't travel they have a conundrum, the answer is STREET RACING or quitting altogether. unfortunately greed has entered into this sale, too bad.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
https://www.racepbir.com/compo...rand-marshal-lastlap

I think this is the last event?

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post