DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Palm Beach IHRA track for sale Confirmed
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Palm Beach IHRA track for sale Confirmed
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fail

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
No sacrifice

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
Both Amazon and Walmart benefitted by operating as "essential". Thanks to government choices. Took Mom and pop shops/ local operations out of equation. Hopefully the next couple years will make the current people who voted for "America last" vote to oust this madness.

Posts: 3079 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Any one know FOR SURE if any of this has happened?

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Your atta boy pat on Biden's back, is every china garbage purchase you make. Fact

DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Any one know FOR SURE if any of this has happened?

I have not heard anything beyond the HOA comment that qualifies as a degree of verification. We will run there til happens. At Bradenton TNT tonight.

Posts: 3079 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I am looking forward to coming back for the New Years race this year. Hope it happens

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
Have no fear, fern, the NYN will happen...it may be moved to another track if need be but no worries...I hate losing one of my home tracks...I will still have OSW but that is not my fav to say the least...the folks down south will only have Immokalee across the state...very sad if this happens...I will be racing at PBIR next weekend for the All Out Live TV show on MAV TV...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thats what I want to hear Fuzz

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
FB was going full throttle on the PBIR part today, including full dismissal by the track.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
From what I have heard from a reliable source, PBIR will be done by the end of the year. WalMart distribution center coming soon....

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to hit the self checkout lane. Save walmart the trouble of even hiring Americans to ring the china garbage up.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If it is in fact true i don't blame walmart. They didn't create the virus. Our real estate market has exploded as a direct result of people working from home. If it does in fact come true and we find out what they paid for the property as there are rumors circulating. You couldn't run that track for 20 years and make that kind of money with drag and road racing. The sad part is there is plenty of property available within 15 minutes of the track. I'm hoping it isn't true but i haven't seen anything official from PBIR to squash the rumors.

Posts: 73 | Location: Lake Worth Fl. | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Walter
posted Hide Post
I was told the asking price is $60M. To spend that much money and then level the existing facility to build a warehouse seems a stretch even for Walmart.

Mark Walter, Senior Chaplain
JAMA Racing Ministry

"A wise person is hungry for truth, while the fool feeds on trash." Proverbs 15:14
"Laus Deo!"

Posts: 299 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
All I have heard to this point is either speculation or rumor. To my knowledge neither PBIR, Wally World has made an official statement. Not to mention that PBIR is in the middle of East Bug Squash nowhere. The interstate is miles east, the rail connection is across a divided 4 lane highway with Pratt Whitney and Sikorsky Helicopter occupying that land. Im wondering if this is not a ginned up internet rumor to gain attention for the IHRA.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
If the property is 200 acres, $60 million equals $300,000 per acre. In a swamp. My response to that is “not likely.”

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Another thing that makes no sense. Walmart is building a 1 million+ ft distribution center in Port St Lucie, 40 miles up the road from WPB. Why build two within 40 miles of each other?

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 67 Goat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
Another thing that makes no sense. Walmart is building a 1 million+ ft distribution center in Port St Lucie, 40 miles up the road from WPB. Why build two within 40 miles of each other?

If you're referring to the one in Ft.Pierce right next to 95 and the Turnpike, thats been open for a few years now I think. Its literally a 5 minute walk to 95 from that place. Doesn't make sense to build one of those on the PBIR site that's a 25 mile round trip to the nearest highway. But the price could have been right.

Posts: 18 | Location: Delray Beach, FL | Registered: May 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
67 Goat. A new distribution center has been announced 3 months ago. Off Becker and I-95

DRR Trophy
Picture of 67 Goat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
67 Goat. A new distribution center has been announced 3 months ago. Off Becker and I-95

Good info, thanks!

Posts: 18 | Location: Delray Beach, FL | Registered: May 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post