DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Palm Beach IHRA track for sale Confirmed
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Palm Beach IHRA track for sale Confirmed
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
For a instant nut (gratification), lets all run out to Walmart today and buy china manufactured garbage with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like on FB.

And don't forget to use the self checkout, to further confirm we're mindless consumer drones who don't care to see past our own noses.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
They've been prepping us all to be street racers, with their TV programming for 10 years now anyway.

Who needs drag strips.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
They've been prepping us all to be street racers, with their TV programming for 10 years now anyway.

Who needs drag strips.

Who is “they “?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Who needs drag strips.

Who is “they “?

No offense, but you really are completely clueless aren't you?

I mean your not pretending to be clueless, you are clueless.

This is another reason Trump failed, people either didn't listen to him, or they couldn't comprehend what it is, he was saying.

"They partner with people who don't care two chits about your position - life - liberty - property - pursuit for happiness".

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Trumps mistake was he thought he could inform the people, educate the masses of how things really work, and the result would be a American people who would understand the stakes for the freedom they've known.

Trump was wrong in his calculations. He figured he could tell the American people, Buy American and Hire American. And it would force manufacturing back within our shores.

The people just ignored him, expected he fix everything.

The people expected Trump to fix everything, and they sacrifice nothing.

This is why Trump failed.

Americans have been demoralized by lefty TV programming. Hedonist instant gratification pleasure seekers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
WTH ??? Dude, I think you've snapped your cap !
The conversation is about racing.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KWig:
WTH ??? Dude, I think you've snapped your cap !
The conversation is about racing.

My fault for asking the question of him. I usually ignore and will go back to that.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Where do you suppose all the local drag racing went, which supported the many drag strips financially, we've heard about over the last several months, closing their doors?

Shuttered drag strips and shuttered factories, just a coincidence?

Not hardly.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Do ya really think Englishtown was turned into a parking lot for repossessed cars, because the future for the facility was looking bright for drag racing? Or was it the repossessed or unsold cars that told them?

Are the dots really that difficult for you to connect? Seriously?

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Don Hansen lives about 1 mile from West Palm and said his HOA was notified that the track property was sold to Walmart.

As far as Memphis goes, I have no clue and I'd imagine there is cheaper property in that area from what I can see.

SL... Just say'n

Posts: 2109 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I can street race too, i'm working on big cubic inch BBC and powerglide transmission for a no prep car now, for a guy. They have a killer smooth as glass black top road with a concrete bridge they race off, 50 miles out in the sticks.

It don't matter

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
Don Hansen lives about 1 mile from West Palm and said his HOA was notified that the track property was sold to Walmart.

The racer that emailed me lives in Don’s development and was at the track Saturday night racing.
Just saying
Only mentioned it as I figured it would be well known by the time I heard.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Of course he did.

Just about everyone ignored the order anyway.

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I wish I was surprised but, not...the PBIR drag strip has been struggling for years since the owners, IRG, are road course doods...they could care less about the drag strip and it shows...I have two home tracks, this one and Orlando...it is a damn shame that the nicest track in Florida is going to be tore up...millions were put into this facility just a few years ago...sheesh!...anyone hear any timing on the deal?...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy dice:
I wish I was surprised but, not...the PBIR drag strip has been struggling for years since the owners, IRG, are road course doods...they could care less about the drag strip and it shows...I have two home tracks, this one and Orlando...it is a damn shame that the nicest track in Florida is going to be tore up...millions were put into this facility just a few years ago...sheesh!...anyone hear any timing on the deal?...

Fuzzy, Immokalee made the investment to continue. I am 51 miles North of IRR in middle of state. If you need a layover spot, I got spare bedroom.

If PBIR stops, I will be racing at IRR and BMP with side trips to SGMP. May try Orlando too.

I just picked up engine stand for another motor to get car in 6.50/.60 range. I am not ready to give up yet. Rick and I both enjoy IRR races.

Posts: 3079 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Three years from now we'll all be street racing. Got a pm this morning predicting milan as the next wake up , shoe to drop.

Damn shame the people allowed elected officials to offshore this country to china.

Nobodies fault but mine.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
So this will leave south Florida without a drag strip.

Roll Eyes

I am so glad I got out of there when I did......

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You lost your place to china $$ (exploited communist labor)

Now your replacement china is buying your drag strips up to store their fruits & labors, you then purchase with money you don't have, to impress people you don't even like on FB.

Your apathy has you in this position.

Americans were betrayed by their elected officials offshoring their prosperity to china.

We'll all be street racers in three years.

Nothing to see here, get back to your normally scheduled TV programming (mindcontrol).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
I thought this was track closing discussion? In all 3 south Florida counties land space is at a premium. Not at all surprised to see this happen.

Immokalee had to decide whether to make investment or not with airport expansion. Thank god they made the investment. I been racing there since 2003 and it is home for us.

When we bought this place (central Florida), we had looked in PBIR area and land for housing was on the order of 20 to 40 times cost/acre. Between cost, taxes and proclivity toward HOAs, we discarded that area. Cows make really good neighbors, they do not even move when I fire Camaro up now.

With the growing influx of people to Florida, stories like this will be common.

Posts: 3079 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muggs:
I thought this was track closing discussion? In all 3 south Florida counties land space is at a premium. Not at all surprised to see this happen.

Immokalee had to decide whether to make investment or not with airport expansion. Thank god they made the investment. I been racing there since 2003 and it is home for us.

When we bought this place (central Florida), we had looked in PBIR area and land for housing was on the order of 20 to 40 times cost/acre. Between cost, taxes and proclivity toward HOAs, we discarded that area. Cows make really good neighbors, they do not even move when I fire Camaro up now.

With the growing influx of people to Florida, stories like this will be common.

I'm not at all surprised either to see a multi-million dollar concrete palace, state of the art drag strip with with million dollar Musco lighting get turned into a warehouse for storing china garbage. After all, mindless Americans can't wait to get their grimy hands on the garbage, using money they don't have, to impress people they don't even like on FB.

While at the same time sending their kids futures down the river to china.

Hell, not even Trump could bring these TV programmed consumer drones back to consciousness.

Nobody's fault but mine.