Find
Notify
Tools

Americas list
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted
I know some dont watch these shows. The latest crash with JJ and his wife...
Minimum safety gear... Pro charged hemi cars making crazy power... Just fire jacket racing these cars in jeans... I just dont get it. Won't be long till there is a death on a dam TV show.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1383 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
agreed, actually they are overdue. Chief, Daddy Dave, Shane, Doc, Monza, Lutz, they all were lucky to have walked away. These cars are way too fast for the street, even if said street is better prepped than the typical track is for a brackegt race. With no jersey barriers and utility poles, generators/light towers, trees and grass, lining the street, somebody is going to buy the farm.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I will never understand how that stuff is so popular.
Just saw a post on Facebook about Daddy Dave needing an axle for his trailer and it got 1200 comments within hours.
Daddy Dave has over twice the followers on Facebook of John Force Racing.
Maybe it's because they crash often?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
or maybe it's because they are/were regular guys with badass cars that are fun to watch.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Fun to watch, but a death waiting to happen. While there are multiple safety issues, no barriers is probably the worst one

Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It's different, dangerous and big $$$$$. With the big $$$ common sense often leaves the room. Unless some poor bass terd is killed it will eventually run its course.i rarely watch as I can't stand the drama and don't really consider it drag racing.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
One would think Discovery would put safety requirements in place , but I am sure the lawyers and law department have them covered... JJ car was fully ingulfed in flames no pants no gloves insane to me taking those chances.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1383 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
Fun to watch, but a death waiting to happen. While there are multiple safety issues, no barriers is probably the worst one

Trisha's car hit parked cars...

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
“Trisha's car hit parked cars.”

Toyota barrier, she center punched the car and pushed it into the others. They both are very lucky to be alive.

I am impressed they can get those cars down a gravel road. Drag racing for all of us is very dangerous. Preparation is everything. Prep to survive.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4462 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
or maybe it's because they are/were regular guys with badass cars that are fun to watch.

Wait a minute, that’s an opinion, not based on fact.

Posts: 286 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
A crew guy on TA/D team said his son was on one of the shows and signed more papers about nondisclosure about anything than he signed when he bought his house. To my understanding, there is more fake shyt than reality ever dreamed of on those deals.

While I know its like wrestling and just good entertainment, I watch them at times.Hell it beats watching dead people walking around. Yellowstone is not on all of the time and news just piss' me off.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4156 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
JJ came to our local track a couple years ago. I was shocked watching them just throw pillows behind and under small drivers so they could reach to drive. I said then if they ever crash they are screwed.

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I used to watch it and liked it but that was back when they were regular guys.
Now they are big name big money and all about the money. I can not stand the stupid bull when Farm Truck and AZN try to be funny. (They are not)Stick to racing and leave Comedy to Comedians.

And it started getting real hokey when Shane and his Dummy Bob BOTH got sponsors with hats, shirts etc.
They want to act like they are like us now but they have rigs that look like John Force racing and $100,000 motors.

And I hope nobody gets hurt or killed but it could happen.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3961 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
$150,000 engines in Ryan's Dave's and Swanstrom's cars and Ryan has 3 and a couple of sets of heads