DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Be careful out there (freak accident this weekend)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Be careful out there (freak accident this weekend)
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
quote:
Originally posted by sammy christian:

Does this track ever sweep?

As soon as I saw the Facebook picture I wondered how the track could’ve missed that sitting in the burnout box , I thought every track had personnel maintaining the burnout box. Sad somebody had to get hurt just because someone was not there to see it ....

I have raced at a lot of tracks over the years. I can not put blame on the personnel at this track. They are the very best I have ever seen. They are meticulous and extremely professional from start to finish.

I mean that from the heart, the best I have ever seen.

Tom you race there so you would know , it was observation I made on the size of the object... Sorry if I offended you with my comment , but I thought it would have been hard to miss is all..

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Guy I bought my car from took a piece of connecting rod to the eye after a car kicked the rods in the burnout and a spinning tire caught it and launched it! He had multiple surgeries but has made a full recovery. Could have been bad.

Earlier this year I was behind but off to the side probably 50' behind the water box. Something came flying at me and hit the chain link fence next to me. I grabbed it and it was a warm ball bearing probably 3/8". Didn't look familiar so I walked over to the car and his pro charger had exploded. It looked like the bottom of the hood was shot with a shotgun!

Posts: 715 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sammy christian:

Does this track ever sweep?

As soon as I saw the Facebook picture I wondered how the track could’ve missed that sitting in the burnout box , I thought every track had personnel maintaining the burnout box. Sad somebody had to get hurt just because someone was not there to see it ....

I have raced at a lot of tracks over the years. I can not put blame on the personnel at this track. They are the very best I have ever seen. They are meticulous and extremely professional from start to finish.

I mean that from the heart, the best I have ever seen.

Tom you race there so you would know , it was observation I made on the size of the object... Sorry if I offended you with my comment , but I thought it would have been hard to miss is all..

No offense taken bud. Just wanted everyone to know I wasn't blaming the track or the people that work there with these posts.

Our sport is dangerous. We gotta be aware of everything going on around us when we are at the track. Bad things can happen.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 741 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
While sitting in the water for a time run this weekend, I watched a ball peen hammer fall out from under the car in front of me, as it launched. Fortunately, it did not get under his tire. That could have been really bad. It bounced and slid half way to the 60 ft marker.

Ben Rawe 383H
1965 Chevy II Nova

Posts: 226 | Location: Alexandria, KY | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
It's just not the burnout box, once at a team race after a time hit I was on the return road and out of the race in front of me comes a huge chunk of steel . Landing right in front of me, 10" cold chisel. I stop and pick it up as it went under the car and put a hole in one brand new Goodyear slick .... I tracked down the owner (it was his dads who just pasted away 8 months before ) Debris any where is dangers , if you see it deal with it.... Like the title of this thread.... BE CAREFUL OUT THERE.....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
https://www.facebook.com/photo...52288&type=3&theater

Facebook update. Pretty tough kid right there.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 741 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post