DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Just a thought/observation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just a thought/observation
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I have 4 tracks within a 2 1/2 hour pull. All have a bracket program of some sort. 3 of them participate in the nhra summit races. They all also have a lot of grudge,outlaw street car type races. All you can find on fb pages and websites is promos for these races. The bracket races are talked about a week to two weeks in advance if at all. If they do have a schedule for brackets it's buried at the bottom of the page. Maybe,just maybe if tracks put half as much attention to promoting the brackets the car counts may not always be so low. Some of us have work schedule that combined with life in general does not allow a spur of the moment choice to say let's go race today. Sorry for long post/ end of rant.

Posts: 495 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
They ain’t making money off you....got to have spectators....an bracket racing ain’t bringing um....

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I understand the money thing. Problem is same tracks cry about nobody showing up to bracket race. Then they do next to nothing to let racer's know there is a race in the first place. Don't fuss about low car count if people can't find out when and if you are having a race.

Posts: 495 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
They ain’t making money off you....got to have spectators....an bracket racing ain’t bringing um....

THIS.

If you think you are the thing that keeps the place open, you are badly mistaken. At least, that is the case in THIS area. Your results may vary. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Want more spectator at bracket race. Simple start crashing a few cars. Sadly thats what draws crowds.

Face it there is no show in bracket racing. No big mouthy controversy. No TV show promoting.There is reason discovery has street outlaws or its off springs on more than anything else. People love to see perfectly good innocent racing equipment torn all to crap. The nascar mentallity.

A no prep bracket race might draw a crowd but how many cars? My lil brother has been running a few of the no prep deals.He said moneys great,he just can not figure where it comes from. Number of cars will not do it. While good amount of fans he says he can't get the math to work out for track. Must be something there he don't see,they keep putting them on.Last race he made 3 runs,took for ever.They called race and he made more than night at local bracket deal and winning it.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Patronize a track that bracket racing is the first and only reason for operating.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Patronize a track that bracket racing is the first and only reason for operating.

Few and far between.....

I had to get my wife to search on Fagbook for an update on the Jim Harrington Footbrake Race held at Cecil County. They changed the format once again but if you look at Cecils Website all they mention is last years (2017) race.

Gotta promote this stuff to get people to attend. I am still making my racing plans for the year but it's hard to do when tracks don't seem to care too much about Bracket Racing.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
NUMIDIA DRAGWAY!

end of discussion

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Some of you missed the point. It's not about spectators or lack of. Not about making money off brackets. (They do make some btw,otherwise they wouldn't have brackets at all.) The point was you have to let people know when you are having the race if you want them to attend in the first place. Unfortunately we all don't have a Numidea close by to attend.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wooley:
The point was you have to let people know when you are having the race if you want them to attend in the first place.

I see your point and agree 100% , as I don't do face book this lack of info at the three tracks I like to race at is just the pits. If they don't want a big number of racers they should just continue what they are doing. Funny even if I use face book thru my wife's account trying to find gate time or something simple the whole thing becomes a time bandit. I work on computers all day long and track websites near me are a joke. If they wanted to be more successful bracket program they would try improving there websites , really sad that they don't understand what it takes. And if you think you bracket racing does not bring out spectators you better tell them up at Firebird in Boise, they seem to have a great crowd at every team event. Track mangers seem to spend most there time on BIG events , If they are a sanctioned NHRA track apart of there contract is to have a bracket team . But it doesn't matter how the promote it....could be a 60 car field or a 300 car bracket team . Its all about promotion and building for the future. Its almost like they want to fail so to blame someone about the lack of participation....Its really nice when we do have a Big Money Bracket race put on an outside promoter and the pit are full with local racers who you only see once or twice a year.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I think most get point. I also think they where pointing out that reason tracks don't advertise bracket schedule is they only concentrate on what making money.

I agree that if they focused more on bracket deal it might be more successful. Unfortunately its easier to go with flow than try to correct it some and most are all for easier now days.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wooley:
Some of you missed the point. It's not about spectators or lack of. Not about making money off brackets. (They do make some btw,otherwise they wouldn't have brackets at all.) The point was you have to let people know when you are having the race if you want them to attend in the first place. Unfortunately we all don't have a Numidea close by to attend.

Didn't miss the point, totally agree with your observation. We're in the age of communication and most businesses have a hard time communicating the simplest info about their business. I notice it all of the time with businesses, not just racetracks. Local newspaper will run a business ad and it won't have the phone # or address. We had a local billboard that only said the business was on Main St. Went thru town looking for it, turned out it was in the next town over. They did come back and add the address after about 6mo.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
nor did I miss the point but the fact remains that bracket racing doesn't pay the bills at many tracks.

They don't put half as much effort promoting their bracket program because it doesn't put Full Moon in the stands.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Only one or only the other makes it hard to be profitable. Be successful at both, and fill all the raceable weekends at the track, and they make money. Neglecting one because of lack of effort is difficult to defend at any level. And Facebook is not advertising no communicating!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I just think a lot of these track owners are to lazy to get out and drum up support. If Norwalk Ohio and MIR Maryland can have these big deal bracket programs why can't any other track in a simular location? And lets not forget the success so far of these outside promoters, they make money. All these race tracks in NC and hard to find a race every week. This site is called DRR---put it on here!

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I see your point. The races that the most people attend are usually planned out a year in advance with great detail on the schedule and structure of the race. Many people for traveling races have to put in vacation at the beginning of the year, so knowing about the races in advance also helps there.

Many tracks have absolute horrible websites that are completely lacking detail. Most of the time a race that is lacking detail and is planned out at the last minute is usually ran much less efficiently at the event itself with a smaller car turnout.

I do agree that tracks and promoters could be more successful by having: 1) a better working website that is updated fairly often 2) at least 3 months notice of the event 3) detailed description of the event. 4) One of the most important details being a time schedule 5) maybe actually having someone who can answer and return phone calls

It is hard to attend an event without knowing the details of the event, or knowing half the details 3 days before

Posts: 794 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of regal
posted Hide Post
For sure there is a lack of promotion of bracket classes as far as local programs go. I don’t do Facebook and it seems most tracks completely neglect there websites anymore. There are many things that could be done yet most tracks seem to be scared to think outside the box.

Chris Walters

Posts: 120 | Location: New Whiteland,Indiana | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
AGAIN, the fact remains that bracket racing doesn't pay the bills at many tracks.

They don't put in half as much effort promoting their bracket program because it doesn't put Full Moon in the stands.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good example is Galot--I have tried to get information on their bracket program and emails are returned and no one answers the phone----hope someone is there when I show up and I will try to contact them today

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
their website tells you all you need to know