DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Traveling to Maryland International from Tennessee
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traveling to Maryland International from Tennessee
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
With the SFG Super Bowl being postponed I'm looking at going to Maryland for the No Limit Triple 25's.

Any travel info I need to be aware of? I've never been thru Virginia or into Maryland.

Thanks,
SL...

Posts: 2109 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I've driven I-81 the length of VA many times a week over the last 10 years. It's a tough road as far as traffic and wrecks go. Also very well patrolled by VA's finest that like to write speeding tickets. If you can load a traffic app to your phone to ck for wreks and backups. US Route 11 is the old road and criss crosses I81 and will get you past problems. Plenty of places to stop for food and fuel.

Posts: 1456 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Scott having traveled this many times I say, depending on where you are in TN, either go up I-81 to I-64 East to I-95 in Richmond. Go North on I-95 to exit 104, bear right, which will take you to RT 301. Take that all the way into MD and turn right on RT 234 which takes to you the track which is on the right...…..OR If you take I-40 out of TN merge onto I-85 after Greensboro. Follow that to I-95 at Petersburg, VA where it ends at I-95 North. Same deal as above, exit at 104 and continue as above. Hope this helps. No toll into MD going North but I think it was $36 coming South with my 3 axel and Motor home---5 axels, more if you have 6. Hope this helps.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Scott,

Fern hit the nail on the head. 81 North to 64 East to 95 North. Exit 104 Rt 207 north.(fuel up here at the exit as fuel is cheaper, easier to get a rig into and your only 50 miles from the track) 207 turns into 301. Take it across the bridge to Rt 234 (Budds Creek Rd) track will be on your right just after Potomac Speedway(roundy round track). If you have six axles total the bridge heading south is $45.

I live about 20 mins north of MIR, and this is the way I go all the time.

Thanks,

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2109 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You get up there SL. Fern be passing through Wythville Thur around noon on the way to the Ohio river. You all have a good one at Budds Creek

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
take an extra $100 to cross that d@mn bridge. you will be making a payment on that sucker.

ep

Posts: 763 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pauley:
take an extra $100 to cross that d@mn bridge. you will be making a payment on that sucker.

They just charge you extra to make up for all the times you’ve short-changed the weak and poor!!

Posts: 115 | Location: 2008 IHRA SSS No Box WC | Registered: June 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
They are working on it and only one lane is open. Alternating North and South and long wait most of the time. No extra charge.