DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    shopping for new trailer which brand to go with looking 30ft bumper pull
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

shopping for new trailer which brand to go with looking 30ft bumper pull
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Which brand trailer to choose looking for a 30ft
enclosed bumper pull trailer with torsion axles

Posts: 2 | Location: around the block | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
If you have the budget for an aluminum trailer then Itech, if not then Vintage which is currently the best built steel trailer.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
thanks

Posts: 2 | Location: around the block | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I would say it depends on your budget and desires. I'm looking for a class c and eventually aluminum trailer to tow for weight purposes. If I needed more amenities and didn't care about the weight, I would go with vintage. If all you need is a decent box for the car, a gold rush sportsman would be at the top of my list if the budget allows. Sure they're about the same price as a really optioned out vintage for basically a bare bones trailer, but my family has one that is 40 years old and is still going good. Never an issue, just maintenance, brakes, wheel bearings and tires in my lifetime. Towing with a truck, I wanted a shower and all in case I stayed somewhere over night. I got a great deal on a used millennium trailer, and it's good for what it is.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: top189h,

Posts: 66 | Location: Glen Burnie | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Just sold a 30' Vintage that was a 2009. Longest we have ever kept a trailer and it was still in fantastic shape. Also have a newer Bravo 26' that is just as quality built as the Vintage trailer. I would buy either brand again.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
Just sold a 30' Vintage that was a 2009. Longest we have ever kept a trailer and it was still in fantastic shape. Also have a newer Bravo 26' that is just as quality built as the Vintage trailer. I would buy either brand again.
Last two BRAVO I looked at were very nice

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Gold Rush or T and E

Posts: 40 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
Featherlite

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Whatever you are looking at, look under all the finished shiny stuff.

Look at the frame welding, etc.

You might be surprised at what you find. Hoping most are good. I know for a fact, some are not.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeB4963:
Whatever you are looking at, look under all the finished shiny stuff.

Look at the frame welding, etc.

You might be surprised at what you find. Hoping most are good. I know for a fact, some are not.

This ^^^^ I had one of the brands mentioned above and it was flat out junk. Maybe mine was an exception but that was my experience. I had priced out a few other trailers but once I looked at the frame on a few Perfomax trailers, I got a quote and thought the extra cost was well worth it. Bought my 32ft in 09 and it’s not going anywhere anytime soon.

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!

Posts: 336 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I would not feel comfortable with an aluminum trailer. Seen way too many cracked welds and how much weight does it save anyway? The advantage of aluminum is lighter weight and less corrosion.

Not talking about the money if it is lighter and lasts better than a steel trailer then probably worth the money. I just am not convinced the aluminum is as durable as a steel chassis.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I would not feel comfortable with an aluminum trailer. Seen way too many cracked welds and how much weight does it save anyway? The advantage of aluminum is lighter weight and less corrosion.

Not talking about the money if it is lighter and lasts better than a steel trailer then probably worth the money. I just am not convinced the aluminum is as durable as a steel chassis.

I've seen a lot more broke down steel trailers than aluminum. True, there are a lot more out there. Gold Rush, Featherlite, and T&E have quality welds and welders. The others are a crap shoot.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post