DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    The 25th Annual MILLION - Live Coverage & Results
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 25th Annual MILLION - Live Coverage & Results
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
Although racing action begins with the warmup on Tuesday, the Live Coverage doesn't begin until Wednesday. I'll post up what's going on here during the week. Headed to Montgomery Tuesday.

SL...

Posts: 2105 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
We need Tuesday coverage on Motormania....now I am gonna have to actually work tomorrow...WTH????

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2105 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post
*Tuesday’s Race to the Million 15k Warm-Up*
Winner - Kevin Rodden
Runner Up - Steve Sisko
Doorcars to the front!

kevin rodden drag racer

DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post
Nick Hastings wins Wednesday's Summit Racing Equipment Triple 50K at the 25th Anniversary of the Mickey Thompson Million Dollar Race.

Nick’s game plan is to pull double-duty at the 25th Annual Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels Million Dollar Race, and that plan is already paying off as the bottom and top bulb racer won Wednesday's Summit Racing Equipment Triple 50 at Montgomery Raceway Park. Nick packaged several great runs in both the bottom-bulb class and top-bulb to land him in the final round against Bailey Ferraro who just came off a fresh win last weekend at Glynn Smith’s Chevrolet Bracket Series.

In the final round, Nick was .013 on the reaction and dead—on, behind the wheel of his unique wheel-standing Pontiac T1000. What's even more impressive is that Hastings was in the final of both bottom-bulb and the main top-bulb class for $50K. As Jared Pennington said, “Hastings definitely earned this win.”

Hastings said "I'm kind of pumped up because I have my boys from back home here watching. It feels really good to win and it's a big deal for me to win here, because it’s my first at this race. It would be nice to carry over some momentum to the big show."

"A lot of help goes into making this happen for me. I just have to hold up my end," Hastings added.

Jeff Ledford was the lone semi-finalist. Brian Whitworth, Britt Cummings, and TJ Pruitt were the quarter-finalists.

Thursday's Summit Racing Equipment Triple 50 kicks off with new entry time runs ‪at 9AM‬ and the Mickey Thompson Million Main Event is on Friday along with the Laris Motorsports Insurance Racer Appreciation Party ‪on Friday night‬.

Racers had the opportunity to watch the race live from the staging lanes thanks to the Glynn Smith Chevrolet jumbotron, everyone at the track and home was able to tune in thanks to Vintage Trailer Sales' Live Feed provided by MotorManiaTV.com.

nick hastings

DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post
Bailey Ferraro continues his week long hot streak by winning Thursday’s Summit Racing Equipment Triple 50K at the 25th Anniversary of the Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels Million Dollar Race.

Ferraro has put on an amazing performance so far by making final-round appearances in both of the Summit Triple 50’s. Ferraro's .004 reaction time in the quarter-finals earned him the bye run in the semis. He followed that up with a .000 light on his bye run which gave him lane choice in the final over Josh Burrow. Not wanting to repeat the outcome of yesterday’s final round, Ferraro was successful at sealing the deal in his second final round attempt. Josh Burrow fell short in the final as the winner was decided on the starting line.

Ferraro said "this win feels unreal and it’s hard to believe right now. After racing in the finals last night, it wasn't until 5th or 6th round today where I actually believed that I had another chance to race in another final here. I honestly couldn't believe my win-light came on, I had to look at the timeslip a couple of times. I've have had a rough two months of racing and wasn't sure when things were going to turn around, so this win feels really good. I couldn't do it without my dad and the McCarty family, I can't thank them enough.” Ferraro added.

Dillon Eason was the lone semi-finalist, while Blake Richardson, Nick Folk and Nathan Martin were defeated in the quarter-finals.

Ferraro & Burrow will be entering the main event Million Dollar Race tomorrow where they will be battling for the prestigious victory.

Who will go down in history as the 25th Winner of the Mickey Thompson Performance Tires and Wheels Million Dollar Race? Stay tuned to the Vintage Trailer Sales Live Feed on MotorManiaTV.com or watch all of the action unfold from the staging lanes on the Glynn Smith Chevrolet Jumbotron.

The Laris Motorsports Insurance Appreciation Party will take place Friday night featuring a complimentary steak dinner, refreshments, music, a fireworks show and more!
Registration will open at 8AM‬. The Million Dollar Race staff will continue to offer raffles in the bottom of the tower for a chance to win an entry for the life-changing payday. ‪At 9AM‬, one time run will be given to all participants before the Hall of Fame recognition on the starting line featuring all previous Million Dollar Race Winners in attendance. First round will follow.

bailey feraro drag racer

DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post

DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post
Big Bucks Fantasy League for the OG Million open until 1st round begins today!

Pick your 4 man teams for only $25

Draft your teams at www.DragRaceStore.com

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
SHYTSHOW....

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
Randy Folk leaned into my car in the lanes and had some choice words about the facility. Don't expect it to be back at Montgomery next year.....

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post
Kevin Brannon wins the 25th Annual Million Dollar Drag Race

The 25th Annual Mickey Thompson Performance Tires and Wheels Million Dollar race is in the books and Kevin Brannon added his name to the list of Million winners in the hall of fame. Brannon marched his Maddox Race Cars dragster into the winner's circle with a perfect reaction time in the final round against veteran racer Tom Dauber. It was an emotional final round win for Brannon who stopped half-way down the track during his return and gave thanks to God by kneeling outside of his car. Brannon then proceeded to his winner-circle celebration.

Brannon said "It feels great. I have to give all the glory to god. I said if I ever win something big like this, I'm going to stop and show him that's he's number one. So, that’s what I did."

"Both Tom and Gary Williams are tough to beat and are racers that I respect. I knew I had to be on my game and be as tough as I could be in both rounds," Brannon added.

Nick Folk and Ricky "Bull Dog" Adkins were the semi-finalists. The quarter-finals included Hayden Smith, Hunter Patton, Tucker Kansellar, and Gary Williams.

Highlights of the 25th Anniversary of the Million Dollar Race include the Laris Motorports Racer Appreciation Dinner and Kenny Dixon won the 2020 golf-cart drawing that was pulled from a random tech card.

kevin brannon drag racer

DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post
Today’s weather forecast (Sunsday) called for no rain and we were eager to conclude our last Summit Racing Equipment 50k. We woke up to gray skies and misting rain, due to these unfortunate circumstances we have made the difficult decision to cancel the last of the Triple 50’s. We apologize for any inconvenience Mother Nature has inflicted. We’d like to thank everyone for their continued support, safe travels home to all.

Folk Promotions