DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Just for fun - a Car Naming Contest!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just for fun - a Car Naming Contest!
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted
Okay - here's the quick story. We purchased this car years ago and honestly it was a bit of a train wreck and it's still a work in progress. But sometimes you just have to work with what you got.

I like to name my cars - I call my dragster Elvira cause she's a vicious one and seems to draw blood every time I work on her!

So here's what I propose. I am going to run a little car naming contest. You can submit as many names as you like as long as you send them via Private Message - any names displayed in this thread will not be considered. Comments in the thread are welcome and expected - try to be kind. The contest runs through next Saturday night until midnight. Midnight - July 18, 2020 is the absolute deadline - that's Eastern Time. I am the sole judge and my decision will be final. One tip before we start - Do Not use the color or word "blue" when choosing a name. That lousy Petty blue color is going to end up as dust on the floor- I have gotten more than an earful on that one.

The Prize is a $50.00 Gift Certificate to either Jegs or Summit - winner's choice and only one gift certificate. Sorry everyone that it's not the Million but we're just trying to have a little fun.

On your mark, get set, GO!

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
Blue Bayou...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Firebird1
posted Hide Post
^^
quote:
Do Not use the color or word "blue" when choosing a name. That lousy Petty blue color is going to end up as dust on the floor- I have gotten more than an earful on that one.

First thing that came to mind was "Papa Smurf" lol, sorry.

Posts: 240 | Location: Southern Ontario,Canada | Registered: February 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Two questions...is it a monza? and are you running a BBC?

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
401(k) LOL....

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
Two questions...is it a monza? and are you running a BBC?

Yes - it's a 1975 version.

No - 434 SBC

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can submit as many names as you like as long as you send them via Private Message - any names displayed in this thread will not be considered.

Just a reminder.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Got to know, what name did you pick?

Posts: 7 | Location:  | Registered: August 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ugly Mudder fucer

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
naming car not _ _ . You all can feel in the blanks.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
Have you decided on a name yet?

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys.... I should have said something before now. Anyway, I was rather disappointed. I got about 10-11 hits on names and there were only 2 of the bunch that I would consider and I didn't really like those that much. And on top of all of it I might not be keeping the car as some issues have come up in the last couple of weeks.

I might just throw everything in a hat and pick one.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
How about "Rivet" cause dayum someone was concerned those windows were gonna fly out.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chasracer:
Sorry guys.... I should have said something before now. Anyway, I was rather disappointed. I got about 10-11 hits on names and there were only 2 of the bunch that I would consider and I didn't really like those that much. And on top of all of it I might not be keeping the car as some issues have come up in the last couple of weeks.

I might just throw everything in a hat and pick one.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you get to keep it bro. Looks like it has potential.

Call it Monzilla.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/muUZjovOFRg

Or just call it Zilla

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
And finally an update.

Rob7181 has won the contest with his submission of

"MO Money"

I think it fits and I like it.

Rob has received his $50 Gift Certificate prize.

And thanks to everyone that participated!