DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Ca Fuel Prices up July 1!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ca Fuel Prices up July 1!
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
No Nik,I haven't been able to sell any of my vehicles. I guess if I would give them away someone would take them. Haven't raced since the last time I saw you at Wild Horse either.

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
I agree Nick, they will never stop raising the gas tax and the vehicle registration fees. This year my wife and I are traveling around the country looking at other places to live, so far New Bern, North Carolina and Madison, Mississippi have been the best "Fit". Mississippi was a real surprise, not at all what I expected.

As soon as they repeal Prop 13 and our property taxes triple we would be forced to move. The Property Tax alone would be more than 1/2 my total yearly income. I'm certain that the California Politicians would exempt themselves and their Families, that's standard "Business" in California.

Bob

We have visited eastern tn and liked it. Wonder what the tax structure etc is. I will be ready for my next career move in 3-4 years and have thought about a move. Hate to in some regards because we built and love our house, shop and our 24 acre property in rural illinois. But Chicago is ruining the rest of the state I'm afraid. The liberals are officially running around our legislature untethered.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6353 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Perhaps we could build a trial wall in Illinois. Start somewhere south of Great Lakes drag away of course. Head southwest to encompass the burbs. Finish up heading southeast and up to the lake again. Nothing in or out. Instant Illinois improvement

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6353 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
One of the many problems created by large Government is covering/paying the retirement/pension funds. Large Government is the staple of a Democratic Administration, the problem becomes insurmountable when they try to pay those pension/retirement funds. As the Government grows so does it's "retirement years" debt.

The citizens have their taxes raised beyond the breaking point. Welcome to California and Illinois, Land of the living poor, about to get much poorer. Their common theme is raise Taxes to pay for roads, infrastructure and schools....it's really just a massive a CON JOB.

So in 2020, if you vote for the Candidate that endorses large Government, it's like committing suicide. As much as I personally do not like Donald Trump, he does have the best plan, small Government, reduce the pension debt and reduced taxes.

Bob

Posts: 3061 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nothing in or out

My neighbors in-laws arrived today from "Illinoise". Somewhere SW of Shytcago. Problem is the are low grade latinos. I doubt he has a job lined out and unless his old lady lands a professional eaters position she won't be going to work anytime soon. Lose/lose. Bucky, look like you're going to have to pick up a little more taxes to cover the exodus.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2324 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
Nothing in or out

My neighbors in-laws arrived today from "Illinoise". Somewhere SW of Shytcago. Problem is the are low grade latinos. I doubt he has a job lined out and unless his old lady lands a professional eaters position she won't be going to work anytime soon. Lose/lose. Bucky, look like you're going to have to pick up a little more taxes to cover the exodus.

I dunno. Sounds like we may have lost some takers there. But the taxes will go up regardless. You would think with all the tax money they are collecting, that the roads could be just a little better.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo