DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    SFG to Enforce Excessive Braking at World Series and in 2019
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SFG to Enforce Excessive Braking at World Series and in 2019
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just a hypothetical....next year in the 500K, a racer, who has been warned earlier in the race of his "excessive braking", wins the race, but also smokes the tires in the final for the win. Does R/U get all of the money? Just curious. Pot stirred! LOL!

Posts: 1 | Location: Pleasant View, TN | Registered: October 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wild Wild West 2
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, interesting situation. My 2 cents call on that would be that if warned earlier about "excessive braking" and then this person did it again in the final run to decide winner and runner-up, then that person would be disqualified for that run and the rest of the race (just like he would be any other round). However, since it was the final run and he was disqualified, he would receive the runner-up position and runner-up purse (however it was split). Same as if he had red-lighted, broke out, crossed center line, etc.

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com
www.motorsportsinnovations.com

Posts: 309 | Location: Spartanburg,SC | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
As we play the game now braking is part of it.

Now if it was changed so it is best package wins, who ever runs closest to dial wins like the deal someone here was promoting years ago. That would make hard braking almost a thing if he past. Basically get rid of red lights and break outs put your dial up and who hits closest to number. .002 package beats .013 package. I guess you would still have to watch your opponent but it would be more racing against the clock.

I am not saying I would like to do that just saying it should cut out most of the hard braking.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
They should just outlaw bracket racing before somebody gets hurt its far too dangerous.

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Curly, wouldn't a .002 package beat a .013 now with the current system anyway?

Posts: 493 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wooley:
Curly, wouldn't a .002 package beat a .013 now with the current system anyway?

Well yes and No, I am talking about eliminating redlights and breakouts and just best package deal. That .002 if it is .001 red or breakout it is a loss.

I am not really for that plan but I am saying it should eliminate most of the heavy braking if red lights and break outs are eliminated and just closest to dial. Just a "What if?" question or statement.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boucher Jr:
They should just outlaw bracket racing before somebody gets hurt its far too dangerous.

I agree, all bracket racing should be competed in the the safety of your Barcalounger at home at the very least!

Ps: Boucher is on a roll today!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
As we play the game now braking is part of it.

Now if it was changed so it is best package wins, who ever runs closest to dial wins like the deal someone here was promoting years ago. That would make hard braking almost a thing if he past. Basically get rid of red lights and break outs put your dial up and who hits closest to number. .002 package beats .013 package. I guess you would still have to watch your opponent but it would be more racing against the clock.

I am not saying I would like to do that just saying it should cut out most of the hard braking.

It would eliminate a lot of things. Strategy. Any kind of challenge at the finish line. Fun. If the problem is excessive braking, address the excessive braking....like they are talking about in this thread.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
It's scary out there this time of year.

Sunday, I hit the brakes second round and thought "here we go, I'm crashing." My car went into a violent shake in the steering wheel/front end but I regained control and stopped safely. The rest of the day I refused to touch the brakes and just changed my strategy. I still don't feel like I hit the brakes that hard but it was pretty cold out when it happened, around 50 degrees.

The very next round a 4.60 dragster went by me a foot in the air and sideways. He bounced on the center line and the rear end kicked out toward the wall. He had his hands full for sure but got it stopped safely as well.

Be safe everyone.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boucher Jr:

I still think no prep brackets should be a thing.

But since nobody seems to be jumping on that band wagon, we could at least go no prep from 594 on.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Just think, if they did what curly mentioned you might have to spend time making your car run a predictable ET every time and you would have to learn to cut a good light every time. I once won a run for the money like that. I ran dead on but was .001 red. That would be a loser most places.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post