DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Disposable Shop Rags
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disposable Shop Rags
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of 433red
posted
What y'all using for disposable shop rags? We have been using Kimberly-Clark L30 wipes. Buying them by the case from Amazon is a pretty good deal. However, they are great as a general wipe rag but have the tendency to break down when used with cleaners or typical automotive fluids.
It is time to buy more and curious what your suggestions are.

Posts: 102 | Location: Ga | Registered: July 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
I use shop towels brand blue towels, and a good friend with his own shop gives me a bag of red rags that once dirty i put in a box and return to him, and then i get another clean bag and he dumps them in with his dirty rags and get cleaned with his service.

302-786-1078
slickvic@slickvicracing.com

slickvic@slickvicracing.com
www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of MM Racing
posted Hide Post
I like using these: Scott Shop Towels

-Phil Watkins
Midnight Machine Racing

Posts: 133 | Location: Arizona | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ditto on the scott shop towels, they hold up to brake clean, degreaser, brake fluid, etc.I get mine at Sams club in the 12 pack, that way they are less than two dollars a roll instead of 5 bucks at walmart.

Posts: 296 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the above mentioned Scott's are a better idea, but as an alternative Harbor Freight shop towels are of little use after washing so I use them, or at least what I have, as disposable (er, I mean "single use", want to be PC).

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mill end painters rags.

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 433red
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback, picked up a few rolls of the Scotts blue rags to try.

quote:
Mill end painters rags

Where do you find the Mill end painter rags?

Posts: 102 | Location: Ga | Registered: July 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mill end painters rags are t-shirt scraps. You can buy them about any paint store. We used to get them from the local knitting mills.

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post