DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Huntsville Drive for Seventy Five offers Risky Business Option
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huntsville Drive for Seventy Five offers Risky Business Option
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
Drive for 7-Five set for July 14-15; Risky Business racers win $10,000 each day!

Race #2 of Drive for 7-Five is only two weeks away, July 14-15! Mark your calendars! For only $100, you can race for $7,500 each day! If you’re feeling risky, pay $50 more and you can race for $10,000 each day!

Risky Business tech cards are for the racers that are certain they’re going home with a big check at the end of the weekend!

Our standard entry fee for the weekend is only $100 for two $7500 races. But if you’re feeling confident - for $150 entry on a Risky Business tech card and run sticker you get the chance to go after $10,000 both days! (The remainder of the purse stays the same)

To reiterate: If you win with a normal $100 entry we will pay you $7500... If you win with a Risky Business tech card we will pay you $10,000!!

Bones & Andy

Posts: 2105 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
no wonder they draw a bazillion cars for this race!

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of scarab1999
posted Hide Post
absolutely "smart" businessman at Huntsville...a lot of track managers can learn from this promotion!

Posts: 97 | Location: troit | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Not to be a buzzkill, but I think it merits mentioning. When there are only four cars left, with only one of them having paid the extra $50, how much are they going to be figuring on splitting up? $7,500 or $10,000? Being the cynic that I am, I suspect the "negotiations" will be based on $10,000. $2,500 difference is quite a bit, even split among four people.

And before you ask how I personally would look at those semi final negotiations, it's a mute point. Not only am I not good enough to get that far, I don't enter races that require that much of an investment in entry fees. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
50 dollars a day to run for 7500 is too big of an investment for you ? you must be kidding

Posts: 3 | Location: sc | Registered: April 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chunk:
50 dollars a day to run for 7500 is too big of an investment for you ? you must be kidding

I believe Tom is looking at 1st or 2nd round buyback backs a $100 ..... that is where the money is going to add up fast.... If I was closer I would be going .... If you are thinking you could not win this race you already lost. Right.....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
We just ran a gamblers at the lone star race in Dallas. $200.00 for $5,000.00 and if you doubled your entry for $400.00 it tripled the payout to $15,000.00.

At 4 cars (Semis) all participants left had paid the 400.00...made the split much easier. This was a 6 round 64 car shootout. NO buybacks. Luckily my son was one of the 4...turned it red that round unfortunately.

Huntsville always seems to have the most payout for the entry fee involved...way to go guys! Kudos to all involved!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
quote:
Originally posted by chunk:

I believe Tom is looking at 1st or 2nd round buyback backs a $100 ..... that is where the money is going to add up fast.... If I was closer I would be going .... If you are thinking you could not win this race you already lost. Right.....

Actually, b*ybacks never add to my costs. I'd rather lose than b*yback and "win". I'm just looking at a $100 entry fee. $100 would be a fine purse , for me. Big Grin These races are not meant for folks like me that race solely because we enjoy it. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post