DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Huntsville Pro ET??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huntsville Pro ET??
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Somebody educate me on class names south of the Mason Dixon. They say Pro ET on their Facebook page and their answering machine. In Ohio that meant No Box but I’ve seen other tracks down here advertise “Pro ET” and then post dragsters in the winners circle. Can we take our “Box Car” or not???

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Usually in the southeast pro et is no box. You can footbrake or use trans brake. Super pro is the delay box class. I would double check with the track before I made a long tow, but in most cases down here that's how it goes.

Posts: 487 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
Pro ET and No Box are one and the same...the only difference is the sanctioning body...in the NHRA it is Pro ET, in the IHRA it is No Box...if you saw a dragster win in Pro ET, that was something cooked up by the track...I have never seen it myself...

Posts: 1276 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The track responded to my wife’s message. Pro ET bracket race = Box.

Crossville has a flyer for this weekend also that says “Pro” payouts one column and “No Box” payouts in a second column.

I thought I’d been away from bracket racing too long and they went and changed the vocabulary.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have seen that plenty, Pro or Top is the fast class and Foot brake--no box is the other. I think NHRA up in Div 1 at some tracks has 3 classes Super Pro, Pro, and street. Better be sure you know what you are getting into

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Around here Pro is delay box racing except at Bristol which is NHRA and calls it Super Pro. But then again at Bristol Pro is pure Footbrake.
Meanwhile here in the age of communication...

depending on the track now don't be surprised if you saw a dragster in no box or a center steer roadster and a motorcycle in footbrake. I have actually run a round against a mini-bike and a 4 wheeler.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nice track. Well run. I look forward to going back again.