New
Find
Notify
Tools

Norwalk
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I doubt you have heard the last from the Baders and the State of Ohio. They have managed to turn a legitimate, reliable and established business into nothing.
My guess, they will have a real good attorney make some calls to the State Attorney General and chat about financial and other damages created without a proven cause to do so. He won't be the only one doing it. The Governors of many states stepped "way out of bounds" on with their "We are the Rulers" programs and then tried to cover it up with sending a bunch of money to people not working.

I have owned a couple dragstrips. The fixed overhead of Norwalk has to be through the moon. He has huge debt from constant improvements, huge revenue because it is probably the nicest track on the planet and their management skills are unrivaled. Example: When was the last time you seen a sign on the entrance to the grandstands or in the concession area that asked " if you are not enjoying your experience at our facility please call my personal cell phone number (listed on sign) and we will work with you to make things right.", You see a lot of signs like that at most tracks? I sure never have and I didn't have them at mine either, though people still called ;-)

Jok Nicholson
100% support for the Bader Family, hope they crush the State of Ohio on this.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
I doubt you have heard the last from the Baders and the State of Ohio. They have managed to turn a legitimate, reliable and established business into nothing.
My guess, they will have a real good attorney make some calls to the State Attorney General and chat about financial and other damages created without a proven cause to do so. He won't be the only one doing it. The Governors of many states stepped "way out of bounds" on with their "We are the Rulers" programs and then tried to cover it up with sending a bunch of money to people not working.

I have owned a couple dragstrips. The fixed overhead of Norwalk has to be through the moon. He has huge debt from constant improvements, huge revenue because it is probably the nicest track on the planet and their management skills are unrivaled. Example: When was the last time you seen a sign on the entrance to the grandstands or in the concession area that asked " if you are not enjoying your experience at our facility please call my personal cell phone number (listed on sign) and we will work with you to make things right.", You see a lot of signs like that at most tracks? I sure never have and I didn't have them at mine either, though people still called ;-)

Jok Nicholson

I like this post! Never been there, but now it's on my bucket list of tracks to attend.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2541 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Lucky Scott Hudson
posted Hide Post
I have been to that track many times. It is easily the nicest track in the world. Great customer service too.
I would like to know why it closed, because it can sure make more money open than closed.
I'm sad for all the employees that will not be working, but mostly for all the racers that cannot enjoy the nicest facility in the world.

Posts: 1199 | Location: So Cal | Registered: March 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:

Jok Nicholson

there's about 200 years of law history that say you're wrong about what Bader can do about it. The States have wide latitude when it comes to public health emergencies and it has been backed up several times at the Supreme Court. That damn Constitution is a great thing until it's not or something, I guess.

Posts: 118 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Scott Lemon NAILED IT!

Cheap seats seriously? I own a business and challenged Evan yesterday on faceplace calling BS on not making money on a bracket points race with 500 participants. Sometimes your businesses model needs fine tuning to adap to the terrain...

From a business owner...YOU have to be open to make money.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
So Bader is smart enough to have the nicest and most customer friendly track in the country, but not smart enough to open and make money?

You guys are hoot.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
When some of you knuckleheads have put your entire world at risk, had to make a payroll, gone into debt up to your eyeballs, dealt with government beauracy, lawyers , some customers that are jerks, defended yourself from phoney lawsuits I'll listen to your comments. Until then you have no room to question or criticize Bader, he made a business decision in his best interest, which he should do.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm sure there will be private test sessions and track rentals its not gonna be a ghost town till next April. And there is several tracks less than 2hrs away that will welcome the racers that cant race there.

Posts: 607 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
I think people here are missing something.

There are limits on the number of cars on the property and the number of spectators allowed into the facility. It's not "lets just open up".

I know our local track can't have more than 60 cars on the property PER DAY, only driver and 1 crew, you need to be pre-registered and paid for and NO Spectators, so the track decided to only have a Test & Tune.
So how can they have a regular event with only a small limited number of cars and no spectators.

If Norwalks limitations are anything like this how in the world can they have an event?

We only know part of the story.

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
So Bader is smart enough to have the nicest and most customer friendly track in the country, but not smart enough to open and make money?

You guys are hoot.

Hoot? Wtf? How can a racetrack not make money with 500 entries? You deaf or blind? You can have the nicest racecar and not win...

Customer friendly apparently doesn't pay the bills according to Bader. Only hoot is your inability to recognize when your being fed chit...someone's full of it and dont have to be smart to be full of chit.

The part we know is YOU have to be open to make money...meanwhile there are 400 entries sold out at Dragway 42 weekend less than an hour away.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
When some of you knuckleheads have put your entire world at risk, had to make a payroll, gone into debt up to your eyeballs, dealt with government beauracy, lawyers , some customers that are jerks, defended yourself from phoney lawsuits I'll listen to your comments. Until then you have no room to question or criticize Bader, he made a business decision in his best interest, which he should do.

Sir with all due respect I am the guy your talking about above and that's MR Knucklehead to anyone who cares. See post above and wake up and smell the coffee sir.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Read on another site it looks like RT 66/Chicago is closed for the year now also.

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pentastarrail:
Read on another site it looks like RT 66/Chicago is closed for the year now also.

And other "rumors" that they will never open again.

I sure HOPE that rumor is not true.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:

You guys are hoot.

Hoot? Wtf? How can a racetrack not make money with 500 entries? You deaf or blind? You can have the nicest racecar and not win...

Customer friendly apparently doesn't pay the bills according to Bader. Only hoot is your inability to recognize when your being fed chit...someone's full of it and dont have to be smart to be full of chit.

The part we know is YOU have to be open to make money...meanwhile there are 400 entries sold out at Dragway 42 weekend less than an hour away.

So lease the track from Mr Bader and make yourself rich, big guy. Otherwise you're just filling the room with hot air.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
I didn't hear that.
I hope that's not true.
Frown

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pentastarrail:
I think people here are missing something.

----We only know part of the story.

My money is on this theory. There is most likely an unstated reason or some other factor that has not been revealed, yet. A business like this one with an outstanding record of success does not make a decision like this without good reason. I doubt that it's a greed driven desire to attain XXX% of margin to satisfy personal wealth but instead, a reasonable/rational business decision...

I'd bet not one person on this forum has accurate knowledge of the financials of the Bader business. Without that, everyone is speculating the motivation without the facts.

It's like a bunch of Old Bitties spreadin gossip...

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Torqin, must have hit a nerve. That comment was not directed at you. However since you have inserted yourself into the fray. There are times when a business decision is not popular or understood, BUT, it's his business, his decision. So many unknown variables he apparently felt it was not in his best interest to open. On another note, Rt 66 has announced it is not opening this year. A trend? They are other factors at work here we are not aware of at this time.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
No nerve...just mind boggling how the "sheep" get fed horse chit and are led to believe that the track does not make money when open? 1st, we are opening no matter? Next, it cost too much to open...BS. Now we dont make money on the BIGGEST bracket program in the country...BS!

Nice place with great hospitality!

If you choose to believe BS...it's your choice. I dont have to believe BS and refuse to join the sheep.

Meanwhile 400 entries at 42 this weekend with guaranteed payouts within 1 hour of Norwalk...MAKING MONEY CUZ THEY ARE OPEN.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just because your open does not translate to profit (making money).

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I have never been to Norwalk but I don't think racetracks are the money making machines a lot of racers think they are, even the really good ones. A National event caliber track typically has much more overhead than a smaller track and likely counts heavily on the big events to turn a profit. If you take away the National event and a few other of their money makers (that the smaller tracks don't rely on) then make them operate at a reduced capacity for the remainder of the season and its probably not that hard to wind up in the red for the year.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post