DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Englishtown,New Jersey
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Englishtown,New Jersey
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
rumors have been fling since they announced the end of drag racing. Everyone claims to have inside info and the latest rumor is the town and/or county/state passed an ordinance about truck weighs on the road(s) leading into the facility that would in effect kill any deal they have for parking cars there.

That said, this deal didn't just happen over night and likely was the result of a year or more of negotiations with both sides lawyers dotting every I and T so I find it very unlikely they didn't confirm there was no potential DOT issues and knowing that this generation of Napps doesn't have the love for drag racing as Richard and Vinny did, I don't believe drag racing is ever coming back to ETown.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Ed, it must be true, some clown sitting in his basement making his own news said so.........

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
of course it is, I read it on an internet forum.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
I read it on an internet forum.

I once read on a internet forum that you raced and then I woke up.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh surprise surprise......

There is probably no one that wants the track to stay open as a race track more than me and my wife, but it's done, stick a fork in it.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I hope Alex threatened to have his lawyers make his life miserable for posting this fake news.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Is Copart currently using the track for storage?

Posts: 521 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
Is Copart currently using the track for storage?

Not yet. The area they (IAA) will be leasing is still being readied. Motocross track has been moved. Offices have been moved. Still a lot of other trailers and stuff to be moved.