Find
Notify
Tools

bracket race LT-1
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Have a 96 z/28 with LT-1 and 6 spd. Been thinking about setting up for sme FB and maybe box bracket racing. Back halfing,adding 6 point roll bar and swap to auto.Only cost is trans swap and shocks for rear and maybe lighter fronts wheel combo. Dad wants to play some and if can make car work figure gve him something to play with.

Biggest question is how consistent would LT-1 with proper trans be. ANyone run one? Let me hear thoughts on motor.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of victo
posted Hide Post
chris i ran a 95 lt1 it wasnt fast 13s but if you kept it warm it was a xerox machine plus it got 26 miles to the gallon personally i would get a ls motor victo

2012 West Coast Pro Gas E/Gas Champion

Posts: 523 | Location: Novato | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
agree ls better,but low to no cost is key thing on this deal. Good thing is if do this it will keep me from buzzing back country roads with the 6 spd,155 in 5th and pull 6th is just not good thing for speed freak to have handy.LMAO

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
I would imagine there are a number of LT-1 cars in Stock eliminator.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Just wait till that Optijunk setup pukes on you' you'll wonder what GM was thinking with that design..........

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Another vote for LS car

Posts: 18 | Location: SO-CAL | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Got a buddy that's got a firebird with LT1 with some stuff done to it with a 3 speed. Awesome little bracket car we use as a backup in the group. It's been 11.57 on motor and like high tens on the bottle. Still has a/c and factory interior, Was a daily till recently. Really fun car to drive

Posts: 64 | Location: Ocoee | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post