Find
Notify
Tools

Jegs free shipping
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
It appears Jegs has increased their free shipping to $150 minimum

Posts: 11 | Location: bakersfield ca | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
And even if you live in Ohio don't always count on 1 day shipping.

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Probably will have little to zero effects on total sales. For me it does because I know quite a few times I will be at 80 bucks or so And figure heck might as well spend 20 more and get something I can use instead of ten and get nothing. Spending 70 to save ten not as quick to jump on. JMO

Whats Summit doing on this subject.Staying or increasing.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
And don't forget they normally increase the prices of all items across there site for the beginning of the year.

Posts: 608 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
does it really matter? what choice do you really have? Besides, few items we purchase for our cars from Summit and Jegs costs less than $150.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
does it really matter? what choice do you really have? Besides, few items we purchase for our cars from Summit and Jegs costs less than $150.

I don't think I've ever got away with less than 150 on those sites........If I could, I could afford nicer beer than Natty!

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Sometimes in the middle of a project, I need a fitting or some other small part. Sure it will influence those purchases for me.

What gets me with the big parts places and others right now is the time it takes to get stuff shipped. Sure people can be out or quarantined with WuFlu. But it sure seems like that has become an excuse for just plain poor service today. It takes forever to get someone to talk to on the phone. They don't stock what they used to. And instead of hustling to get the product shipped that day, it's two days later. Our business has gone on as usual. We don't delay shipments. We don't delay repairs to our plant's equipment. We find a way to accommodate the customer.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6381 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
most every business has been operating under staffed so yes, it does effect shipping.

That said, if you're in the middle of a project, you don't need that fitting now. Put together a short list of other parts you need totaling over $150 and then place your order otherwise drive to your local speed shop and pay 15% more for that one fitting you want now.

99.9% of my race parts comes from Summit and when I really need a part now and I can't wait to have it overnight/next day, I drive 45 minutes to my local speed shop... Behrents and pay the same price as Summit.

FYI, I have a large zip loc bag full of -6, -8 and -12 fittings, most black, some used and many brand new that I will never use. what do you need? Didn't think of that

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I'm spoiled, I have a Summit warehouse 35 minutes from my house. It's really convenient on the weekend when you discover you need something quick. I still buy from Jegs on occasion just to spread it around a bit but buy 80% from Summit

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
LOL I have a whole container of AN's.....usually is the one I don't have that I need. And trying to wrap up for some testing by the end of the week. I will never ever live near urban areas. But for sure it would be nice to have a speed shop near by.
We used to have a moderate sized speed shop in a nearby town. They made a killing on local racers for ages. The catalogs came along, and the price difference was so great that they did lose business. I don't mind paying more to shop local. But it shouldn't be 50% more. Plus, they never stocked what I needed. I swear I had a better selection in my stock than they did. They were responsible for their demise. That and it is a fairly rural area. So customer base is moderate in size.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6381 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Another place to consider when ordering online is Speedway motors. I recently bought everything I needed to add a hand brake system to my car, they had the MC, all the SS fittings and SS brake line I needed in stock where both Summit and Jegs did not. And shipping was quick and free

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Speedway Motors X-2

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Bucky FYI, Behrents is in farm country not an urban area and they do most of their business mail order too. They are in roundy round dirt country so that is their primary customer but many parts carry over to drag racing and they have nearly the full product line in stock of MSD, Holley, Fel Pro, Earls, ARP, Moroso, Wilwood, Autometer, Simpson, COMP, NGK, Champion, Redline, Gibbs, Maxima, JAZ, Afco and many more.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Maybe they need another location!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Trophy
Picture of 60 falcon
posted Hide Post
FYI Hydraulic J.I.C fittings are the same dimensionally as A.N. and usually a 1/3 of the price.

sammy mathis

Posts: 67 | Location: iowa park, texas | Registered: October 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post