DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    What upgrades are you making this year?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What upgrades are you making this year?
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
As you can see, we have been making upgrades around here. We have re-arranged some of the DRR Home Page, have been adding some google banners and the Sportsman Drag Racing podcast at the top of the page for ease of convenience. This will update each week as their new podcast is released so you won't have to look any further than your favorite message board.

The DRR Dragster will be getting some added horsepower from Frankenstein Engine Dynamics in the form of reworked cylinder heads and intake manifolds. Check them out by clicking the Frankenstein banner at the top of this page. Some real cool stuff going on down in Texas.

Also with our 2018 Dragster being completed just this past June, we won't have any other upgrades going on. Check out the article HERE

ALSO check out one of the latest articles on Rick Taylor's latest dragster build. It was a Duel Deal also. It's right HERE

Let us know what you got going on around the shop this winter!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

SL...

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Simple planetary ratio change along with a tire size change. Than tow 1k miles to Pomona and see how it goes.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
Sold the car and trailer yesterday, so upgraded my drag racing status to “retired”.

Side note.... those new google banners etc make the site even more difficult to use on a mobile browser.....

Mikey

Posts: 1706 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by head gamez:
Sold the car and trailer yesterday, so upgraded my drag racing status to “retired”.

Side note.... those new google banners etc make the site even more difficult to use on a mobile browser.....

Side note.... those new google banners etc make the site even more difficult to use on ANYTHING....

There fixed it for you

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
X1000

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Fix a cracked header tube, change intake gaskets, hope we get a dry 2019 season.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Lucky Scott Hudson
posted Hide Post
Got the Nova in the shop right now, getting a new back half and cage. Been working way too long and not getting enough drag racing in my life, so I am getting back to it.
Hope to be ready for the beginning of February 2019.

Posts: 1199 | Location: So Cal | Registered: March 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I am finally going to replace the headers that have been on there since 1978 (seriously). Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Meirch ram set back blower manifold, had rods checked at MGP for no charge!, fresh hone and new rings, bearings, heads tuned up with new titanium exhaust valves, new to me Spitzer TD wing, new MW 300M high torque axles, Computech raceair cloud trailer weather station and crew chief pro software both from DRR sponsor Don Higgins. Have plans on a new gas golf cart but will have to wait a bit since I spent the money on all this other stuff lol.

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
Top Dragster Upgrade:
New Hogan manifold
New 500+ HP Nitrous Supply port system
New Comp Cams for package
Major upgrade to Powerglide for increased HP
Serviced "The Converter Store" TCS 11" converter

Testing on February 5-6, 2019 at Fontana.

Posts: 414 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
A TRAILER. first order of business,money wise.

Seat time next. Tuning will determine order of next changes.

Cam change, maybe before first runs.
New lower profile sheet metal intake with lower injector so I can see front wheels.LOL Already have injector done just need to do intake or at least adapt to currant one.
Ceramic bearings front wheels
Larger bore with more compression since only cost will be rings and probably biggest power increase for the buck.
As always look for weight cutting places and work on those as find.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
A new sbc race engine pan to intake.

Posts: 2448 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
New cage, rear frame and some 33X117x16 steam rollers out back to replace the 28X10s

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Di the back half nd new cage earlier this year. Hopefully we can get the turbos on finally.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
New rear suspension,

Koni shocks rebuilt at Lamb’s shop
New rear springs
New four link brackets
New anti roll
New wheelie bars
New Hoosiers
New ADP (TS) Carburetor

All resulting in a (much) lower balance of my Bank account.

Bob

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of NEMO963
posted Hide Post
New oil pan, rods/crank checked, fresh hone rings and bearings, blower intake tuned up, fresh Slicks.

2015 M&M T/D
Nemo
Duty-Pride-Tradition
FTM/PTB

Posts: 312 | Location: Firehouse 10 Wichita Ks | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Since mine has been sitting in the garage for a couple of months with the motor unbolted to get it out to replace the headers maybe I will find the time to get out there and get it done. Darn shame you got to take the motor out to replace those "drop right in" Hooker headers. Never again!

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Normal engine and transmission freshen up. Also going to convert to a floater rear.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I am going to have Space Coast Speed and Custom freshen up my motor and while it is out, have FTI loosen up my converter a tad so I can leave at a bit higher rpm when foot feeding...

Not an upgrade, but I plan to run bottom bulb mostly off the button this coming year....I will foot feed at the big money footbrake events, naturally...this is in anticipation of trying top bulb racing in 2020...

Posts: 1276 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm working on further ruining a really decent bracket combo. LOL. Last winter didn't quite get the job done. So I am trying harder this winter.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6381 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post