New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hoover
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
Nice to see Art and Tiffany back in the winners circle!
Sonoma Top Comp Saturday Race, Sunday racing also.
Will Harrison runner up.
6.40’s for Art!!!! Nice!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4475 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
Congrats Art and Tiffany! Way to start the season!

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
He was running mid 7.20's from what I saw? I won both races, saturday and Sunday as well as super pro on Saturday. It was cool to have Art back out there! We were both talking about how none of the people in top comp were the same people as were out there when we took our time away. It was wierd to not know anyone in the class.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Wallace Cleaver
posted Hide Post
Way to go Will! I saw your picture with Kyle and was happy to put a face with the name!

Multi-time First round runner up extraordinaire

Posts: 38 | Location: UT | Registered: January 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I can’t believe what I just heard... Care to enlighten us on how you go to Art 5 hours after you race and ask for a re run? You do know that when you stage you have accepted the race, it’s over...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4475 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
I can’t believe what I just heard... Care to enlighten us on how you go to Art 5 hours after you race and ask for a re run? You do know that when you stage you have accepted the race, it’s over...
the dial on his side changed 10 seconds prior to final stage without notification to a dial that wasn't on his board at the final dial line. This I assure you will be watched more closely this weekend at the fling. I noticed it at half track and was in the tower as soon as I had a chance running 2 classes and several people saw exactly what happened. Since you weren't there I would say you probably shouldn't get too fired up.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Fired up? Over this? Laughing Hard
Pfft.. no way just wanted to hear your story. ?? It don’t add up?? You’re
Telling me that from beside the tower to the start Art changed it? That means he would have had to flag starter, change the dial and you would have to see it. If somebody on your team saw this besides you, nobody flagged it immediately? 5 hours later?? Yeah you will not see that at the Fling. Good luck and be safe.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Danny was the starter, I know for fact he never talked to anyone because I was trying to get his attention to tell me what arts dial was because I simply could not tell if it was a 7.25 of 7.28. He never saw me but my dad did, he verified it was 7.28 on both the finishline board and the water box board. It was still 7.28 at that point and I moved the last 4 feet into pre stage. Somehow during that last 10 seconds the dial changed to 7.27, I was in the tower after 1st rd of super pro, less then 45 minutes after the round, I have no clue when art was told.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wallace Cleaver:
Way to go Will! I saw your picture with Kyle and was happy to put a face with the name!
thank you sir!

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Care to enlighten us on how you go to Art 5 hours after you race and ask for a re run? You do know that when you stage you have accepted the race, it’s over

More internet BS.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
So as you guys were moving towards the line to stage the dial-in on the scoreboard changed??

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4450 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Frosty Intake
posted Hide Post
I wasn't there, but this DOES happen in S/PRO from time to time.
We were in pre-stage at Sac years ago and competition's dial-in changed...cross-talk/pro-cube button was already set. Once pre-staged who looks at the scoreboard? You're already focused on the top bulb/other lane's stage lights and ready.
I was crew, my job is/was ALWAYS to keep an eye on the dials from staging lanes to post-burn out...probably verified it 5 times in less than 2 minutes...then I saw the dial change on the scoreboard(was wondering why the stall tactics in other lane)

I get it how the track may mis-read the dial...the starter should back you out or give you a chance to adjust cross-talk.

This was at sac...they ran a re-run and we got our arse handed to us fair and square...as it is meant to be. I didn't blame the other driver...he understood and was wondering why no one told us about the change.

things happen...and win or lose, racing the tower instead of the other car really sucks.

Nice work Will...saw your results...new daddy doing well.

W.C.P.B.R.A. (West Coast Professional Bench Racers Association)

Posts: 2308 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Wallace Cleaver
posted Hide Post
Since I have been working in the tower the past 4 years, I can certainly see how this could happen.

If the person entering numbers in the computer accidently hits the wrong key, they may have to quickly reenter the information. If it changed just one number, that is most likely a mistake on their part while trying to put them back in quickly. The other scenario is that you put the next pairs numbers in as the pair at the line is staging.

If you push a certain key too soon, it may enter that info into the pair staging. I've seen it happen, but our girl was quick to tell the starter to go red so she can fix it.

Its a human error thing most likely and not meant to interfere with the race. Unfortunate it happened, but I'm sure everyone understands accidents happen.

Multi-time First round runner up extraordinaire

Posts: 38 | Location: UT | Registered: January 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have had dial issues in the past and when it happens, I simply shut my car off after I have backed up. I will not pre stage until all numbers are correct. If it happens after I pre stage then I shut the car off. Had that happen at Medford one time. IMHO once you leave the starting line, it is what it is.

It's not what you've got, it's what you give, it's not the life you choose, it's the life you live.

Posts: 2120 | Location: Napa, California | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post