DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Some Interesting Comparisons on Reaction Times
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some Interesting Comparisons on Reaction Times
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I don’t see how it eliminates anything, other than red lights.

If you can make your car leave the starting line consistently with a cheat, or run the same on the track with a cheat, it will tighten the package and give an advantage.

If breakouts are in effect, finish line strategy still applies as long as the start is staggered.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
You're really not getting it, quit trying to over think it. Wink

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1645 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:

Am I? You said consistency is the name of the game. If I use a tree reader to pick up the green light and make my car leave the same relative to the flash, and use my Matty box to make the car run the same ET, will I not have a competitive advantage under Instant Green?

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:

Am I? You said consistency is the name of the game. If I use a tree reader to pick up the green light and make my car leave the same relative to the flash, and use my Matty box to make the car run the same ET, will I not have a competitive advantage under Instant Green?

Do ya think that might raise a flag as compared to today's ho-hum .003 packages?

Okay, you got me, I'll just go knit something. Roll Eyes

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1645 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Instant green is letting go on the first light you see, same as pro tree or top bulb racing.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Instant green is letting go on the first light you see, same as pro tree or top bulb racing.

Damnit!! Brilliant deduction!!! You got me!

Is the ET clock already ticking when you let go on a Pro tree or S/P ET class? Wink

Read the fine print, this isn't Twitter.

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Is the ET clock already ticking when you let go on a Pro tree or S/P ET class? Wink

How is starting the clock on green gonna hurt a racers dial in, who can let go consistently on the first light they see? Confused

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

How is starting the clock on green gonna hurt a racers dial in, who can let go consistently on the first light they see? Confused

Dude, follow along.
There is no intent to "hurt" anything.

It's like a track meet, the clock starts when the signal is given, not when the runner's foot leaves the block.

Which part can you not understand?
Your ET prediction includes your personal reaction, and your vehicle ET, from standing still to the finish line. All in one. 1 number to hit.
1st to the finish without breaking out is the winner.
Soooo, if you got jacked up and reacted really quick (jumped) you'll break out at the finish line, or you may think you know and bomb the brakes to avoid the breakout, but can you cover the stripe first? (without running over the timing blocks)

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Okay, maybe I can make this simple.

Car will repeat 6.50x all day long.
You're feeling right and set up to be .000 on the tree all day long. (RT + VRT = .500)

Your dial in needs to be 7.00
If it makes you feel better, put .500 in the box and dial 7.50
Play your cards as you will.

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
I'd probably make it interesting and not display the dial ins until the finish.
Text your dial in to the tower, then it's documented if there is an entry error.

Dave Cook
N375