DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    World door slammer nationals
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

World door slammer nationals
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted
Just wondering if any one knows if this event is only PPV? I could only find it on Speedvideo and they seem to be requiring purchasing a subscription to watch.

Posts: 149 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Will you be able to hear the announcer on your head sets?

Posts: 73 | Location: sand point, mi | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD6297:
Just wondering if any one knows if this event is only PPV? I could only find it on Speedvideo and they seem to be requiring purchasing a subscription to watch.

Yes it’s only on speedvideo. And you have to pay to see it. Speedvideos new format for 2020. Two Thumbs down

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
Ok, thanks! bummer though, since the broadcast is sponsored.

Posts: 149 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Freddie
posted Hide Post
really surprised by the lack of posts and coverage from this first of its kind race. You would think they would have at least qualifying sheets and some pics out to try to draw in as many viewers or spectators as possible. Love the race concept but the marketing of it has been lack luster at best.

Posts: 685 | Location: Anderson SC. | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
SFG Promotions just posted the qualifying rd #3 video on FB

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
I agree, they are really quick at replying to emails. but yes, sure not a ton of promoting. And I would like to see live timing, or at least posted results shortly after the round. I like looking at the incrementals of the runs

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
First round results at the #Doorslammernats:
Bond (5.733) def. Matusek (6.493)
Gonzalez (5.694) def. Hord (5.801)
Tutterow (5.705) def. Jones (5.730)
King (5.739) def. Smith (8.014)
Scruggz (5.671) def. Janis (5.758)
Biehle (5.748) def. Jackson (5.739)
***Jackson hit the wall after the finish line but is okay and immediately got out of his car.
Laughlin (5.717) def. Whiteley (5.738)
Frigo (5.713) def. Snider (5.699)
inaugural Drag Illustrated World Doorslammer Nationals!
E1 Pro Stock

Jason Line 6.503 @ 211.59 *W*
Matt Hartford 6.573 @ 212.29

Marty Robertson 6.552 @ 210.37 *W* (.043)
Vincent Nobile 6.538 @ 210.24 (.069)

Greg Anderson 6.513 @ 209.26 *W*
Kyle Koretsky 6.528 @ 211.30

Shane Tucker 6.529 @ 211.76 *W* (.033) Holeshot!
Deric Kramer 6.504 @ 212.49 (.077)

Aaron Stanfield 6.471 @ 212.39 *W*
John Gaydosh 6.759 @ 205.29

Alex Laughlin 6.564 @ 211.66 *W*
Val Smeland 11.335 @ 77.85

TJ Coughlin Jr. 6.528 @ 210.90 *W* (.053)
Erica Enders 6.500 @ 213.50 (.099)

Jeg Coughlin Jr. 6.489 @ 212.16 *W*
Bo Butner No Time

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Freddie
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any qualifying sheets or results for Top Sportsman?

Posts: 685 | Location: Anderson SC. | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddie:
Anyone have any qualifying sheets or results for Top Sportsman?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richard Hammond,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Freddie
posted Hide Post
Thank you

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you

Vonnie Mills VS Stanely Albritton in the finals of TS

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Freddie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hammond:
quote:
Thank you

Vonnie Mills VS Stanely Albritton in the finals of TS

Thank you. Go SAJ.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Freddie
posted Hide Post
Damn, she would have been tough to beat in the final with that run.

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I raced this event...they decided to put this event together only 82 days ago...very last minute...I am sure they will be much better next year...it was a blast to be able to race and watch the go fast folks in between...

As to speed video, I am absolutely not a fan of this pay per view stuff...MMTV has better, smoother coverage and is free to the viewer...both are sponsored so that's not an issue...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 67 Goat
posted Hide Post
#1 Qualifier in T/S is a 4 cyl engine. I think he ran in Pro Mod too, set the 1/4 mile ET record for a 4 banger I think.

Posts: 18 | Location: Delray Beach, FL | Registered: May 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy dice:
I raced this event...they decided to put this event together only 82 days ago...very last minute...I am sure they will be much better next year...it was a blast to be able to race and watch the go fast folks in between...

As to speed video, I am absolutely not a fan of this pay per view stuff...MMTV has better, smoother coverage and is free to the viewer...both are sponsored so that's not an issue...

This may explain why some of the other classes didnt have the participants I think a race like this should have. I have no doubt that if they have this next year it will be one for the books

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Freddie
posted Hide Post
Is sure hope that when they do plan the event next year ALL parties involved take a little closer look at other events happening in the short radius. 3 Events between NMCA at Bradenton, NHRA D2 at Gainsville and the Doorslammer race in Orlando all had less than stellar car counts in classes as there are only so many cars to pull for these events. Now the NMCA die hards went there, the NHRA Divisional guys mostly went to Gainsville, and the Pro Stockers and ProMods were at Orlando, but all three events suffered due to poor scheduling.

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
It seems to me they specifically wanted this event the weekend before the Gators and that makes sense...you are correct that having the NMCA and the baby Gators the same weekend does make it rough for all...if this event keeps paying the same or more though, the NMCA will take a hit...we'll see I guess...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post