DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Epidural for bulged discs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Epidural for bulged discs
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
STK 758

Hoping for great results. I am assuming you are being treated for a classic case of SCIATICA?

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Mike, Both bulged disc are pressing on S1. Right side for sure.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4504 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
Burt- I bought the inversion table in March from Amazon and love it. While hanging 65*I feel, thump, thump , pop and it feels better. So far it works for me but that looks pretty simple and affective.

I have an inversion table too...can't do it...blood rushes to my head and then I feel sick to my stomach.. the sling is so much better and controllable for me.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I suffer from back pain too, occasionally.

Shoes tend to make a difference for me. Different brands and/or types seems to help. Then they wear out and back starts hurting again. Not severe but it's noticeable for sure, and with y'all talking about how badly nerve pain feels, I feel pretty fortunate in moderate pain. Unfortunately, after a long busy day at work, it's almost an every day occurrence even if it's just a little bit, and makes me not want to go to the races some days. Then there's other days when I won't even go fishing because it's too much hassle/pain to load then unload the boat, sit for hours, fight a few hundred fish, push the boat back into the garage, etc. But it could be worse. And I do my best to take care of it the best that I can.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mavman:
I suffer from back pain too, occasionally.

Shoes tend to make a difference for me. Different brands and/or types seems to help. Then they wear out and back starts hurting again. Not severe but it's noticeable for sure, and with y'all talking about how badly nerve pain feels, I feel pretty fortunate in moderate pain.

Unfortunately, after a long busy day at work, it's almost an every day occurrence even if it's just a little bit, and makes me not want to go to the races some days. Then there's other days when I won't even go fishing because it's too much hassle/pain to load then unload the boat, sit for hours, fight a few hundred fish, push the boat back into the garage, etc. But it could be worse. And I do my best to take care of it the best that I can.

Mav!! Can’t go fishing?! WTH that’s where I draw the line. If I’m not racing I’m fishing! But I know what u r sayin.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4504 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Barry, Darlene had surgery on her back that was done by a great Dr. in Carmichael, CA. a few years back. Get a hold of me if you want the info.

Posts: 94 | Location: The Flatlands of Western Oklahoma! | Registered: August 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Stk 758

As I mentioned, I had an injection in my neck 2 weeks ago today.

Intense pain and weakness in shoulders, wrists and thumb. Both sides. Typical cervical pinched nerve symptoms.

Getting great results, shoulders much better. Still have some improving to do in the wrists.
Injection #2 Thursday.

So far, so good. Looking forward to more improvement from the next one.

Hoping for similar results for your treatment.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeB4963:
Stk 758

As I mentioned, I had an injection in my neck 2 weeks ago today.

Intense pain and weakness in shoulders, wrists and thumb. Both sides. Typical cervical pinched nerve symptoms.

Getting great results, shoulders much better. Still have some improving to do in the wrists.
Injection #2 Thursday.

So far, so good. Looking forward to more improvement from the next one.

Hoping for similar results for your treatment.

Thanks Mike! They just called and set up two injections for Nov 27. Glad it will be after Vegas. Was kinda worried if I got them how soon I could move forward. I know my limit right now...Not looking forward to Interstate 5 ride in the rig.. such a nice road...

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well here we are 6+ mos later. The disc pain is creeping back. Right foot numbness to toes, left and right lower discs are coming back. I’ve been smart lifting but I have not quit! Might get a second round before the Div and Nats here.. Managing with Motrin 800 twice..
Thoughts and input?

Raceless in California!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I can only tell you what I have witnessed with my wife. Years ago, she had l4 and l5 rupture during some exercise and made worse by some other minor incidents. She was in her early 30's. She was hard headed, and opted for the long process of healing on her own and with traction. It worked, but it was an 18 month, painful process. And she was young. Two injections during that time. One worked pretty well for a while. The other didn't do a thing. May as well rubbed the dollar bills on her back for all the good it did. When she improved, she was able to start walking regularly. That really helps strengthening the stomach and back muscles, and supports the body instead of that disk taking all the weight. In the long run, that was key to recovery and maintenance for the lower back.

Years later, she has had a neck disk degenerate. We nursed that along for a number of years. Did injections with varying degrees of effectiveness. Decent amount of pain killers when needed. Finally had surgery. Big improvement, but honestly, not perfection. But she can live life now. All the years of nursing it really eliminated her strength, and she has a lot of strengthening to do, which will take a while. Got to know your limitations, and try not to completely overdo it, or pay the price for a good long while.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the comments Bucky. All in all I’ve been pretty good lately and yes I’ve been busy but I’ve worked smart. I explained to the Dr’s; For over 40 years I’ve fixed things, they (vehicles or whatever) don’t come back. I want to get fixed! This is frustrating... Age slows you down but my mind has not. That’s an issue too. I also have Sargent Slaughter ( my wife Rhonda) pushing me! I also realize this is light weight compared to others here and at home.

Raceless in California!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Been managing my low back pain since late 90's with ice packs, chiropractic, physical therapy and exercise. I refuse to medicate with anything stronger than Alleve/Advil, although a good stiff adult beverage sometimes helps. Occasionally the pain makes it nearly impossible to walk. Over the past 4 Months, I've had 3 epidural injections in my low back. Zero relief. MRI shows 2 degenerating discs and 1 bulging. Also arthritis in several facet joints. They've mentioned ablating,(burning), nerves, but from what I've read, I'm not so sure I want that. A friend has recommended looking into cold laser therapy, and another recommends dry needling. I have a follow up Monday to discuss the latest failed epidural and will be asking about those treatments. I expect I'll be in the neurosurgeons office soon as well, to discuss surgical options. Doing everything I can to avoid surgery. Work doesn't allow for the down time from that.

Has anyone here had experience with the laser therapies or needling? I assume dry needling is similar to accupuncture.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 110 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
going for nerve burning in morning.already done it on left now going to do right.its early yet but seems to be helping

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post