DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Please help us with a prayer.
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 38
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please help us with a prayer.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have been saying prayers for Nikki and the family from the beginning of this post. I will continue to pray every night. As a mother, my heart is just breaking for you all. Please know that you have people from all over the country praying for you. With God's love and the love of the drag racing nation Nikki will get through this.
Susie (aka Mrs. Homegrown & Head Cheerleader for TEAM CRB)

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
All of you are the greatest!!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67SS
posted Hide Post
Update from Nikki's page:

I woke up this morning and was told we had about 30 minutes to get ready and be down stairs for the procedures. Not the way I wanted to start my day, yet glad it would be done early instead of waiting all day. We went down around 8:30am and got back around 11am. Nikki did very well and is back to room air. Her breathing was a concern to me since her recent lung issue, but her lungs are now the least of our worries. Her bloodwork today was good and the billirubin level came down some. We do have to hold the liver med for awhile because of the chance for bleeding (because of the biopsies done today) so I hope we can atleast maintain the level that we have. She did receive blood and platelets today. Her temp. is running borderline and her belly pain continues to require alot of pain medicine. So, to the results that I know. The good news is that the bone marrow smear looked good to the human eye and free of any cancer cells. Of course we will now wait for the lab results next week. The bad news is that the scopes have given Nikki a set back to her recovery. It is nice to know what the problem is, yet to learn that it is GVHD of the gut is hard to hear. Hasn't she had enough? The area most affected is the small intestines and explains the pain she is in. It will take awhile for her to feel better and want to eat. They will start another new drug probably tomorrow and double the amount of steroids she is on. The hardest thing is this just puts her more at risk for infections. I am glad that her ANC is 4543 on its own but she has a fight ahead of her. When they start the new drug they then will no longer give the enbrel or the lung drug anymore. Just moving our focus and trying to limit the meds she is taking. It is just so hard to see Nikki under the weather and not wanting to play. As I used to say - I want my Energizer Bunny back! I know Nikki can do this and win this fight. It will just take time. So, keep praying and let God know that he is not done with the miracles for our Nikki. Taking one day at a time. Thanks so much for the continued support, gifts, cards, messages, and food. It is all so much appreciated. God Bless and good night, Karen

Chad Harris

Posts: 1263 | Location: Vinton, Virginia | Registered: May 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67SS
posted Hide Post
Tears here in VA for Nikki and her family after reading what they continue to go through. I read this every day and wish there was something more I could do than just pray but I believe God answers prayers so that is what we are doing as hard as we can. Please God bring Nikki relief from the pain from the GVHD. What a fighter Nikki is and what a blessing it is to see the strong parents, doctors, and friends she has by her side. Please continue to give the doctors the ability to make the right decisions in caring for Nikki and please God work your miracles in healing Nikki and making her well again. Amen.

Chad Harris

Posts: 1263 | Location: Vinton, Virginia | Registered: May 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
All I can say is God Bless and I'll continue to pray. My tear ducts have been getting a real workout.
Frown

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
God Bless Nikki and her family,prayers on the way........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Prayers and best wishes for Nikki's recovery soon. Be strong for her

Posts: 12149 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Racers are the best people.

Happy anniversary to Bob and Karen, 17 years.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Nikki and I slept in this morning. You would think that is great but it was just to catch up on sleep after they gave her lasix or a diuretic to pee at midnight. I know it is important to keep the fluid off of her right now but midnight is just mean. Nikki was awake alot today and even played Carnival games on Wii with daddy and I. She is not to have any sugar in her diet for now but when she asked for a YooHoo I gave in and she drank 6oz. She is fighting through the pain as we again increased her pain med. Her lab numbers were ok today. The billirubin number did go up since the med was held, but we did start that med again today. She received Remicade today for the GVHD in her gut. She will not get another dose for a few weeks now. We are still waiting for platelets this evening and will get them soon I hope. Nikki is already in bed but is making frequent trips to the bathroom as she did all day. Because I worry about her, I made her get a shower tonight and also walk down the hall twice. She did great and it is to keep her strong. It is okay if she gets mad at me because I know I am doing my best to help her. She only stays mad for a little while anyhow. She also got an abdominal x-ray this evening. I will talk with Dr Goyal about the results in the morning. Still praying for Nikki's comfort, yet being so thankful that she looked better today and was able to play alittle. Praying for Bob to feel better as well. He left here this evening when he started to feel sick and will not be able to come back if that is the case. Happy 17th Anniversary Sweetheart. Goodnight, Karen

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Again Thanks Chuck for the updates,my heart goes out to this family here on sundy morning,it's so sad that this little darling girl had to go threw these things,but I know god will take care of her,but being a human,you can't help but wonder why this has to be,but I also know that they are reasons that I can't understand at this time.
So I will be praying for Nikki to be relieved of the pain in her belly,and for a good day,we want our prayers answered today,and sometimes that ain't how it works,so patience in my prayers for Nikki and her family,and for Bob,I hope he feels better soon,and happy anniversary to ya'll guys,I know it's hard to be happy in times like these,but ya'll allready know this,so I'll be praying for a good day for ya'll as well...................God Bless you all............................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Day +30 and a rough one.
Posted 14 hours ago
Nikki had a miserable night last night and that means so did I. The pain just got worse and so did the bathroom trips. Then a fever and she threw up. It is just now (7pm) that she seems to be resting without the pain or fever. Again Dr Goyal adjusted her meds. Unfortunately, we have to hold the liver drug (defibrotide) again for active bleeding and her billirubin number is still going up. Her abdominal x-ray was fine. The next dose of remicade for her gut will be next week and not next month like I thought. The pain med adjustment finally seems to be helping and we will get another opinion about that tomorrow. We did start a new continuous IV med for the diarrhea and I sure hope it starts to work soon. She already got blood and platelets today and we will recheck those levels around 8pm. No visitors today. Bob is home and really sick with fevers, chills, and stomach problems too. My parents are not sure if they are getting sore throats so they did not bring Ashley either. I sure hope Ashley can stay well. I am well, but just tired. I just want Nikki to feel better soon and get back to playing. Please God... Well, I am going to go and lay down while Nikki is sleeping. One day at a time. Karen

Hold on Nikki, we are all praying for you!!

Thanks Chad and Chuck for keep the updates on here when I can't do it!!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
More and stronger prayers for Nikki and her family

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Day +31 and not much better yet.
Posted 13 hours ago
We are still working on Nikki's many issues. Last night was more of the same. The nights seem worse than the days. I am thankful that we did not have any further fevers. The new concern is that as we increase her pain meds to be comfortable, her oxygen saturations are not holding and she is needing blow-by oxygen when sleeping. I did request a chest x-ray as I was concerned that her lungs were getting worse again. I was relieved to see that it was clear. Dr Goyal adjusted other meds again and started one more new one. No blood today but platelets twice. The amount of blood products is already two times the amount she needed in 2007. Her other lab numbers are okay. The billirubin number actually went down today on its own. With the amount of steroids Nikki is on her weight is up and she has very chubby cheeks and a chubby belly now. She did play Wii with me this afternoon and I hope I can get her for a walk later. I just don't want her to get weak. Bob is still sick, so I am on my own again. He may have gotten food poisoning. So, I keep praying and waiting for the days to get better as I know they will. God is watching over our Nikki. One day at a time. A big THANK-YOU for the continued support and gifts. We will get through this as a team. God Bless! Karen

Just have to keep going and keep praying!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Still praying for Nikki and family.............................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Sending our prayers...

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
This was a great way to start my day, and had to post it asap. Get your Kleenex... you're going to need it for the GREAT NEWS!

After Nikki's night and morning, I was really starting to worry. Then as fast as my mood went down, it went back up after a visit from Dr Jake this afternoon. First, I will tell you that during the night Nikki started to need more oxygen and by the morning was having labored breathing. The chest x-ray was hazy again and Dr Goyal even talked about having someone from ICU to come and evaluate Nikki incase she got worse. That was so hard to hear. So, as the last several days Dr Goyal set a game plan and we got ready for the day. Med changes and monitoring. The repeat chest X-ray done this afternoon was better but still not clear. Then we did give her the Enbrel for her lungs. Nikki is no longer having diarrhea and her pain is way more controlled. The liver status is stable even without the liver drug. Her blood counts were stable today and she needed no transfusions. Unfortunately, she threw up twice and it was not pretty. But anyhow, as the day went on Nikki just looked so much better and even played Wii with me and later daddy when he arrived. And yes, Bob is feeling better. Playing Wii was even without any oxygen. I guess we will use the oxygen during the night and as she needs it until her lungs are stronger again. So, on to the good news. Dr Jake came to visit Nikki since he just got back from vacation and also gave me the news. 1.) The HLA blood test shows that Nikki is 100% donor. 2.) The bone marrow biopsy results show NO leukemic cells. Praise God for answered prayers. Just as I felt hopeless, God gave me the news I needed to hear. And now I know I can continue this journey with Nikki and be strong for her. Knowing that we are going to make it and she has won her battle. The long road continues, but that news made it alittle shorter in my mind. Thank you God as we continue to take one problem and one day at a time. Amen and goodnight, Karen

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So thankful for that....Great news. Stay strong as prayers are continuing.

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That was the best phone call I got at 9:18pm last night from Bob. NO leukemic cells!!! Thank you God!! Keep the prayers coming so Nikki can get home real soon!!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
WOOHOO DID I SAY WOOHOO CAN WE ALL SAY WOOHOO,I thank the Good Lord above for the good news,so ok pray warrior's lets not let up,keep them prayers coming for our girl Nikki,I belive that miracle's is happening and thank you Lord....................................WOOHOO.....................................

DRR Pro
Picture of 67SS
posted Hide Post
That is the best news I could have gotten to start off my day. AWESOME!!!!! Smile Smile.

Chad Harris