DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Please help us with a prayer.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 38
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please help us with a prayer.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Bless her little heart, sending prayers for Nikki and for Mom & Dad, I can't imagine the pain they are all feeling.

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Sending prayers,God Bless her and her family.............................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Nikki will go into the OR today at 1 PM for the biospy. Results should be in by Friday or on Friday! Nikki did really well with this round of chemo, and we are all praying that this round kicked the blast cells out! Please pray! I believe in my heart that this time Nikki will be in remission! Thank you all for caring and praying! God bless all the little Angels!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ma Brewer,We will be sure to keep praying for Nikki,she is at the top of our list every night for mine and Mannies night time prayers,God Bless Nikki and Family...................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67SS
posted Hide Post
Still praying and keeping up with her progress here too. Will be sporting those "Thinking of Nikki" decals this weekend at the Motormile 10k race!

Chad Harris

Posts: 1263 | Location: Vinton, Virginia | Registered: May 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
God absolutely answers prayers, so everyone take a few minutes & "have a little talk" for Nikki.

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Bob j....
posted Hide Post
Our thoughts and prayers.
God Bless!

life is like a jalopeno,what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow

Posts: 3970 | Location: oHIo | Registered: October 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Newest update from Nikki's care pages:

Change in plans.
Posted 40 minutes ago
Nikki is doing well this morning. Spirits are good, but she just wants to go downstairs and get this over with. The platelets that she received during the night was not enough and her hemaglobin also dropped. So, Andy RN is doing a good job of getting both platelets and blood in before we need to go down stairs. So, the good news is we are still doing the biopsy, the bad news is that we can not do the lumbar puncture today. Her blood is not clotting fast enough and there is a risk for her to bleed into her spinal fluid today. So the plan is to do more tests on the blood when she is under in the OR and do the procedure tomorrow morning in the treatment room if everything is okay. It is okay because it is always better to be safe when it comes to the spine. As always, one day at a time. I just want to say thank you for all of the prayers. Especially to our church, Pleasant Unity United Methadist Church for having a prayer vigil and praying for 24 hours just for my Nikki. God Bless! More later when we get back to the room and the biopsy is done. Karen

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good News!! Pliminary report on Nikki's biospy looks real good! We have to wait for the confirmation! Dr. Wollman checked a slide and he likes what he saw!! Yeah Nikki! Yeah for prayers! Nikki is in the recovery room doing great! God Bless all the Angels!!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
That's great news!!

FurrRacing.com

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well, we are still waiting to hear good news. I want to say more, but I will wait. There were a couple of issues that went on in the last two days. So I am going to wait. Just keep on praying for our girl Nikki! I know Jesus loves all the children!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Prayers Sent from the Soucek Family.

Posts: 70 | Location: Rittman Ohio | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
As Chuck posted a couple days ago with the mis-communication after Nikki's biospy, well, yesterday the doctor who did the moring rounds plerted out that Nikki was not in remission. But they way she went about it was not compassionate nor professional. Anyway, Karen was highly upset! To make a long story short. Dr. Jake and Dr. Wollman gave Karen the results and there are some blast cells left, but they are optimistic! Nikki will have another biospy done on Tuesday. They are forming a plan for the next step. Both doctors are so pleased with Nikki and how well she is doing with the heavy duty chemo. She can get unhooked from her IV's now and that makes her happy. She still is not eating (who can blame her), but she's a fighter. We just need to get those buggers that are left! Just keep praying! I can feel a miracle happening! Thanks guys!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Pro
Picture of 67SS
posted Hide Post

Chad Harris

Posts: 1263 | Location: Vinton, Virginia | Registered: May 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
That is awesome Chad. And a great looking ride. Are you coming to the WFC?

Racers are the best people. Karen, Nikki's mom, was a racer too. Actually, the 455 I have, she used to run when she had her '81 Grand Prix. This note is from her Care Page post last night:

Now, I need to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone out there. I am just overwhelmed with the support that we are getting. From people we know to people we never met. It is just mind blowing that there are "Thinking of Nikki" stickers on race cars in other states and that Nikki has received gifts from places like Florida, and California. We are such a lucky family to have all of this support. It shows that there are nice people out there. The messages, gifts, cards, food, prayers, support and more are just so appreciated. Thank you all and God Bless

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks again Chad and Makenzie!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Pro
Picture of 67SS
posted Hide Post
Chuck- Thanks for the compliments on the car. I don't know about the WFC. 3 days till deadline but I may not get it in. If not I still hope to make it. Time will tell. Was at the first one and would love to go back.

You are welcome Christine. Nikki will have a baby doll coming next week courtesy of Makenzie.

STILL PRAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chad Harris

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
There are a bunch of guys from Pittsburgh who'd like to shake your hand, Chad.

Here's the update from last night:

Today was an emotional day. It started out with me having to help hold Nikki so we could get another IV site in her arm. This was needed for the CT scan since they can not put the contrast dye through her broviac. All I can say is that Nikki is still very strong. After that fight, the scans were easy and she did very well. Now we just try to keep the site in her arm until monday for another test. Everything looked fine at a glance per Dr Jake. Mike from Childlife and Debbie from Music therapy, along with Nurse Amanda, helped to keep Nikki busy while Bob and I talked with the doctors. So, here is the plan...that we prepare Nikki for another transplant now. The doctors do not feel that more rounds of chemo will put her into remission and will only make her weak. Since the amount of leukemic cells is low we pray that we kill them with the chemo she will get to prepare her for transplant. One is new to her. Another hope is for her to have some GVHD or graft vs. leukemic affect this time to kill the rest off and keep her in remission forever. With saying that, we will not use Ashley this time since they are such a close match. We will use unrelated banked cord blood. All of these things make this transplant even riskier than her first. We hope to have a quiet weekend and get started by wednesday if possible. I will go home tomorrow to be with Ashley and Bob will come with Nikki while she still feels well. We all know that this is not going to be an easy road but one we have to take. Nikki has tolerated things so well so far and CAN do this. I hope this post makes sense since it is now after midnight. As always thanks for the support and keep praying. Goodnight and God Bless, Karen

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67SS
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck.

I hope to be there in some shape or form. If so I will see you guys there! I will let you know my plans closer to time, or hopefully a good day of racing today will put my name up on the preentry list Big Grin .

Chad Harris