DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Please help us with a prayer.
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please help us with a prayer.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Today, Nikki celebrates her 10th birthday, in heaven. Thoughts and prayers to Karen, Bob, Ashley, and their family and friends.

This is the flyer for the 3rd annual remembrance race for Nikki and Mark.

http://www.pittsburghracewaypa...ories/2012/nikki.pdf

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Bob about to give Ashley her "nitrous boost"... look at her focus!

Balloons away from Nikki and Mark

2 of the strongest women I have the honor to call friends, Karen and Christine

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
My buddy Rich Penn's kids won and runnered up in the kids Big Wheel race... the trophies are awesome!!

Kayla is in the middle, brother Kyle on the right

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures Chuck! Missing my great friend, Nikki, and my best friend and the love of my life, Mark!!

In the last picture, to the right of Kayla, is Cameron which happens to be Nikki's bestest friend! Two peas in a pod!

We had a good day! Angel Angel hug Ice Cream

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Oh my... from Karen's FB last night...

So I went into Nikki's room to look for pants because Ashley keeps getting taller. Ash followed me in and then asked about a water bottle in Nikki's room....
Ash-- Who gave her that?
Me-- Make A Wish. Remember the people who tried to get us to Disney?
Ash-- Yes. But she didn't get her wish and either will I.
Me-- What is ur wish?
Ash-- To get Nikki back.
Me-- speechless as the tears fall.....

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
breaks my heart... always thinking of Nikki Angel

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Karen posted another one... what a sweet heart Ashley has, and is.

Ashley- Do you think you and Daddy will get me a Jr dragster?
Me- I am sure Daddy cant wait. Its just going to be hard for me since Nikki wanted one and she didn't get one...
Ashley- Don't worry Mommy, I promise that Nikki will ride with me.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
Maybe you guys could say a prayer for this little girl. My wife has been following her on face book. She lives in the next down over. She started reading some posts from the mother last night and it felt like some stabbed my heart. It reminded me so much of what I have read on here. Sounds like her journey is close to being at a end and I cannot imagine what her family is feeling. God bless all of you that have been through this. Praying
http://www.facebook.com/yahoo#!/EmmyMott

Posts: 829 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
I'll show Karen. Perhaps we could do something nice for them. I hate to see others go through this......

Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
FILL THE NET FOR NIKKI

http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/518420004855337/

NGS Construction, LLC and D&L Industrial Supply, Inc. are sponsoring "Fill the Net for Nikki". Two hockey games with Westmoreland Eagles Bantam A Major Gold vs North Pittsburgh Wildcats Bantam A Major Gold & Westmoreland Eagles Midget AA vs Westmoreland Eagles Alumni participating in the event.
There will be:
Raffle baskets
50/50 drawling

Donations will be accepted at the door and all proceeds will benefit the "Thinking of Nikki Foundation"
For more information on the Thinking of Nikki Foundation, go to www.thinkingofnikki.com.

Sunday, January 20, 6pm-9pm, Kirk S. Nevin Arena, Greensburg

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Karen updated the CarePage over the weekend:

I guess it's time to say good-bye...
Posted Jan 19, 2013 11:36am
Well, here we are in 2013. Never thought my life would be the way it is.
I will never go back to the person I was. I am changed forever and still learning and growing because of my sweet Nikki. I miss her every second of every day and that will never change. Bob and I are doing okay in the changed life. Ashley is growing up too fast and is already taller than her big sister was. I can't believe she will be 6 at the end of this month. She is very smart and healthy. Still taking dance classes and keeping me busy. Bob is keeping busy with his business and in the garage. I still work for the Westmoreland Intermediate Unit schools as a sub nurse and also started a new job to get more hours, for Heartland Hospice. I enjoy both jobs. I realize that being home alone is NOT good for me since Ashley is in school all day now. I still get very down very fast when I think of how much I miss Nikki and all we didn't get to do together. It is a daily battle and the whole in my heart will always remain. Smiles on the outside yet always tears inside. I am VERY proud of Nikki's Foundation and will continue to keep it going for all the kids and families dealing with Pediatric Cancer, that is NOT rare. Please visit us on FaceBook: Thinking of Nikki Foundation or at www.thinkingofnikki.com
Eventhough it is hard, I am VERY proud to help others and keep Nikki's name alive. My brave soul. We will continue to have benefits to raise money for the current projects we are doing at Childrens Hospital of Pitts and individual referrals. Because all of you were there for my family I will be there for others. I have to admit that inside I still remain very jealous at times but that is human and hope people understand that. I plan to keep this page open just for another month or so then have it made into a book. A wonderful offer by CarePages. So if anyone has any last comments please feel free to add them now. Someday I will read this again and realize how far I have grown. Even with all the tears and heartache. I also want Ashley to know the whole story about her big sister and how torn I was to be away from her as my new baby. Ashley has and always will be the reason I keep getting out of bed everyday.(And of course because of my wonderful husband.) There are many times that I see and hear Nikki in Ashley. So bittersweet. So thank you all for being here for this journey. The journey that did not end the way we wanted. That part I will never understand but have had no controll over. And as a mom and nurse has been the hardest part for me to deal with.
Thank you all!!!...THINKING OF NIKKI...ALWAYS AND FOREVER!!!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Ashley had a snow day yesterday. Karen posted this on Facebook. I pray for a cure for cancer, so that these kinds of conversations won't happen for families anymore.

This mornings conversation:
Ashley: I want to go to school.
Me: Why, are you bored? I used to get bored at home too.
Ashley: Yea but you had your sister to play with.
Me: As tears start to fall... I am sorry Ash, I tried to get Nikki well.
Ashley: Don't cry mommy its not your fault.
Me: I love you!!!!!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
May God Bless you and your family Bob, One day you and your family will be with her in Heaven and everything will be PERFECT forever my Friend

2003 Footbrake Champion
Bristol Dragway

Posts: 1393 | Location: Princeton WVA US | Registered: March 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Karen posted this on the Thinking of Nikki page on Facebook. Continued thoughts and prayers for my friends.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
In case you're not on FB, I just wanted to share an example of what the Thinking Of Nikki Foundation does...

Check in the mail today to pay rent of a family in need. Carson's Hope doing the same. Sending hugs to the family and the little one fighting cancer.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
My friend BJ went to Wyotech, and worked at PRP. He's in Idaho now. He posted this on the Thinking of Nikki Foundation page:

Was sitting here looking at my Nikki tattoo thinking. Made me call another Pediatric Cancer foundation up here in Idaho and start volunteering again. Nikki has helped make me a better person and allowed me to get more involved. Just wanted to let you know that she is still giving little pushes everyday to make the world a better place.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Bob posted a pic on his Facebook tonight, too beautiful... 2004, I think Nikki was 3 here...

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Nikki would have turned 11 today. Karen went to the local pottery house with her mom and Ashley, and created this:

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Michelle posted this, thought it was great.