DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Please help us with a prayer.
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 38
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please help us with a prayer.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Day +61
Posted 8 hours ago
Not much new today. I guess that can be a good thing at this point. Just getting ready for the OR by signing all the consents. She did get platelets and blood today. The big event for the day was Nikki sitting with the nasal canula oxygen on and her eatting her blue slush puppy. She really enjoyed it and had no belly pain. I am so happy that they let her have it. Then later this evening she got out of bed for awhile. My sister came down and we opened more gifts, colored and played a new game. Nikki is doing so well for the staff and myself. She even started to let the physical therapist come and we have been working with her legs and ankles. She is scheduled for surgery around 2pm but I am sure it will not be on time. I tried to prepare Nikki without being to informative. Going to go and say my extra prayers now. Until tomorrow, God Bless and goodnight. Karen

Our Angel, Nikki! God is by her side.

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Ok Ma B,The Prayer Warriors are on it,we will meet at 2pm to pray,in our hearts God knows where were at,so everybody let your prayers be heard,and God will answer them,Love ya' Nikki Girl.......................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Out here on the left coast, too!

Praying Praying Praying Praying

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Praying here in Hendersonville

Praying Praying Praying Praying Praying

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 415 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Twisted Cuda
posted Hide Post
this is my first time checking in this week and this is not what I wanted to see but it just reminded me to ask God for a little extra favor!

Please keep us posted! I think she is the DRR Racing Sweetheart

Posts: 319 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67SS
posted Hide Post
I am playing catch up from the past couple days. I am crushed to hear of the tues. update.

Please God let the results of these tests be good and show the Dr. what they need to see to properly treat Nikki for what is going on. Something is obviously being stubborn but please Lord let it be something simple that will be shown by these tests. Please continue to heal Nikki and get her ready for School where a 7 year old should be. Amen. Praying Praying.

Chad Harris

Posts: 1263 | Location: Vinton, Virginia | Registered: May 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Praying Keep our Angel safe please Praying

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 415 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Praying Praying Prayingfor our Drr princess Nikki....... Praying Praying Praying

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Praying Praying
Our Angel Angel

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Karen just updated..

Delay on OR time and Nikki is having trouble breathing.
Posted 2 minutes ago
The OR time is delayed and I am concerned about Nikki's current respiratory status. It has gotten much worse. Trying to hold her own but we may need to intubate before the OR if necessary. It is becoming more real to me about how damaged her lungs are. I know the doctors need Gods help now so please pray. Please pray for our Nikki who is working so hard for us. Please! Karen

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Raise my hands, bow my head...

Praying Praying Praying

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Praying hard for Nikki, her family, and her team of doctors and nurses.

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I have no doubt the DRR family had a hand in this, the latest update:

Looks better and should be going to OR by 4:30p.
Posted 3 minutes ago
God is here with Nikki. After Nikki struggled for some time she found Gods strength and looks so much better. THANK YOU GOD!!! She remains on the bipap. She is okay as God is carrying her now. It will be awhile until I get to update again, but just know that Nikki is okay. Praise God for answered prayers. Karen

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
That is some great news. I am still constantly amazed how strong you have all stayed thru this and continue to update everyone. What is more amazing to me is the fight in Nikki. Most of us as adults would have given up or slipped into depression. It shows that the spirit of a child cannot be broken. God Bless.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Praise the Lord,thats our princess Nikki Girl,we are still praying for you Bob and Karen and Nikki Gods going to take care of you,prayer warriors keep them prayers coming.................. Praying Praying Praying...................................

DRR Pro
Picture of 67SS
posted Hide Post
Keep the prayers coming. NIkki needs everything you/we got!!!!!! Praying Praying Praying

OR did not go as planned.
Posted 8 hours ago
Before I start to tell the details, let me tell you that Bob, myself and some wonderful friends layed hands on Nikki before she went to the OR and I truely believe that God is now in control to heal Nikki completely. I saw Nikki's strength and determination show through today as I sat here with her before we even layed hands on her. Nikki is not giving up and neither are we.
*Not for kids to read.* Nikki got into the OR, but as they started the bronchoscopy which should have been the easy part her oxygen saturation bottomed and then they also discovered that she had blood sitting in her stomach which then came out. They also suctioned blood from her lungs. The Pulmonary MD said that the lungs "looked" good but did not have any answers. The washings sent may show us something tomorrow. With multiple things happening they took an x-ray to see that the lungs are now like a white out and on a chest x-ray, white is not good. At this point her best sats were only in the 80's and they decided it was to risky to do any of the biopsies. She was in the OR as long as it would have taken to do all the procedures but only one got done. Nikki is presently resting here in her PICU room, sedated and on an Oscillatory ventilator. She is stable at the present but very vulnerable. Dr Goyal said that she is now in the fight of her life and we just don't know which way things will go. The surgeon is hopeful that we will stablize her during the night and that the biopsies can be obtained tomorrow. Either in the OR or in the PICU if she can not tolerate the transfer to the OR. The doctors need the answers so we can treat the problem correctly.
So here we go Nikki's Angels, we have a battle to win! Nikki has a Disney trip to go on and Ashley is waiting for her big sister to come home. Let the battle begin because we are all ready to pray and watch Gods miracle. Taking one day at a time as Nikki begins her healing today. Thank you God for hearing our prayers. Karen

Chad Harris

Posts: 1263 | Location: Vinton, Virginia | Registered: May 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Dear sweet Jesus send your mighty hand down to Nikki God I pray,give the Dr. and Nurses the wisdom needed to help our presious Nikki,and I hear the strenght you have given,Karen and Bob,dear Lord,please help them walk the next miles,with strenght and the faith and power that is needed for Angel Nikki,and God I pray for the healing power in thy presious name......AMEN...........ONE DAY AT A TIME SWEET JESUS THATS ALL I'M ASKING FROM YOU............................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hard to say anything after reading this.

Praying Praying Praying Praying Praying Praying Praying Praying

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Sure is Floyd. Thanks for updating, Chad.

Praying hard for healing for Nikki, strength for Karen, Bob, and their families, and guidance and wisdom for the wonderful doctors and nurses providing care.
Praying Praying Praying

Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Man, this is hard, I can not believe the stregth of some people, Bob, Karen and Ashley, you guys are truly amazing, Praying here for all four of you with everything I have!

Praying Praying Praying Praying

You can do this Nikki our DRR Angel

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook