DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Please help us with a prayer.
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 38
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please help us with a prayer.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
You made me cry again.
I'm praying hard.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Floyd, it's doggone hard not to. I can't imagine what they're all going through. My niece had a broken leg a couple years ago. My dad said there's no hurt like seeing your kids hurt. I'm not a dad, but man, I sure see what he means. Prayers for Nikki's healing, and for continued strength for Karen, Bob, and Ashley.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Chuck, since I lost my wife it don't take a lot to get the waterworks flowing. A tragedy brings out the best in all of us and you really start feeling for others and sympathise with what they are going through.
I have 4 grown kids and 8 geand kids so I know what it's like to be a worrying parent.
All we can do is pray and hope.
God Bless!

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
X2 on that Floyd.

Here's Karen's update from this afternoon, good news.

Nikki and I had a restful night. She is more awake today and giving the nurses a hard time. I will make this short because I really need to get a shower. Her numbers all look good except for her billirubin level that has again increased. She does not need platelets or blood this morning and we will check those levels again around 4pm. No fevers! Her chest xray was slightly improved so we have already started to wean her ventilator settings and she is doing well. Bob and I have started to breathe again. One hour at a time but feeling good about today. Thank you God for some answered prayers. Please God keep them coming. Amen. Karen

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Nikki's latest update!
We are asking everyone to join us in prayer every single night at 9:00pm. God is hearing our prayers, and He is leading the way for Nikki! Don't ask me how, but praying every night is helping Nikki! Miracles are happening!

Making progress.
Posted 10 hours ago
Nikki is already tucked in for the night and resting well. She continues to do well today. No fevers! They weaned her ventilator settings again and she is fine with the changes. She did need platelets this evening but this is less than yesterday so I will take it. Everything else is about the same. I am praying for the billirubin to be down in the AM and that her AM chest xray is improved. They had a med shipped from Italy that will be here tomorrow. We will start this med if her billirubin level is not better. I would just like to stop putting all the new stuff into Nikki. As you know they all can have bad side effects and it would be nice not to need another new one. Nikki was awake more today. She is back to wanting me to do for her instead of the nurses and that is fine with me. She was tearful several times today which is hard to see with all the tubes. Hour to hour as we let God lead the way. Karen

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I'll make sure I'm awake at 9:00 tonite to join in that prayer.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

This picture I took the last time I visited Nikki and Karen before the transplant! I miss Nikki!

Thanks Chuck!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Our family (my wife, our 5 year old daughter, and twin 4 year old daughters, and me) will be joining you in prayer for Nikki each night at 9:00pm. We serve an awesome God and we will continue to look to him to use Nikki's life to be a blessing to others for years to come.

Best regards
Daulton Family Racing

Posts: 5 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: June 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Today's update!

Day +20 and ANC 5250
Posted 31 minutes ago
I have been very busy with Nikki through the night and today. As she improves she is more aware of who is doing her care and is starting to insist that I help or do it. This is fine by me but just more exhausting and no breaks. She has everything going in the right direction except for the billirubin number. Unfortunately, this went up and they want to start the new med. It is called defibrotide and the study drug helping her lungs is called etanercept or enbrel. We will start the defibrotide around 2pm. I pray for no side effects, especially no bleeding which is most concerning. Please agree with me. With that being said I have to pass along a great story from this morning. Nikki of course has been confined to her bed. Well she had to pee this morning and INSISTED that she would not go until we get her out of bed so she can go normally. What a sight. Nikki with all of her tubes and the nurse being amazed. She stated that this was the first time she has done this with an intubated child. Leave it to Nikki. She was very strong with her movements and completed her task. LOL. Otherwise, her chest xray again improved and we continue to wean the ventilator settings. We are actually going to trial her on her own this afternoon and see how she does. I am sure she will do great when she realizes it is what we need to do to get the tube out for good. What a gloomy day outside. It looks like tears on my window as we cry for Nikki. One hour at a time. Thank you all so very much for the comforting words. I sit here and read them all. It really helps me get through my day. Also, please say an extra prayer today for daddy. He is struggling with seeing his little girl like this. Thank you! Karen

Extra prayers Bob! We love you!!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Sending our love and prayers to Nikki and her family...

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
That is one tough little gal,I can tell she's got God given will power,she is teaching us all a lesson,to make it though this old world we have to fight with daily stuggles and never ever give up,God Bless you Nikki,Karen and Bob,God Bless ya'll we will be praying every night where ever we may be we will be praying and thinking of Nikki,and the family...........

There's a old gospel song that I sang at chruch from time to time,called No Other Fountain,if I can I'll get the words together for ya'll there's so much strengh in Gods songs,the first verse say,I'll draw my strengh from Jesus as I lay upon his breast,I will take my comfort from him I will find in him sweet rest...........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Karen, you gotta quit doin that. Do you know plastic rusts? My keyboard is becoming a mess.
God Bless!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Oh Floyd, don't you start! Now my keyboard is all wet!! She is a fighter!!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Happy tears I hope! With more good news!

Karen just posted:

We trialed Nikki breathing on her own for 1/2 hour and she did
great. Could not even see a difference. We will do another trial
this evening and as long as she continues to do well we may get to
say good-bye to the tube and ventilator tomorrow. HOORAY!!! She is
getting her first bag of platelets for today and the first dose of
the liver drug is almost done. Nikki is just resting in bed and
doing well. Thank you God! Karen

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Bob, if there's anything I can do, let me know.

I do think Scotty may have to give up his Superman tshirt to Nikki, or at least get her one in pink.

DRR Pro
Picture of 67SS
posted Hide Post
Good news. We have been out of town but still at the computer every chance we can get to check on Nikki. We've been praying and hoping they can get that tube out of her. Keep up the good work Nikki. See you in a couple weeks Chuck.

Chad Harris

Posts: 1263 | Location: Vinton, Virginia | Registered: May 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Day +21 and breathing tube is gone!
Posted 55 minutes ago
I have so much good news to pass along, but I will make it short and sweet for now. The breathing tube came out at 9:30am and she is doing great. Wearing an oxygen mask for now just so she adjusts slowly but is doing great. This means the tube in her nose is also gone. I don't have the actual numbers yet but was told that her billirubin level has also improved today. Nothing but good right now. Thank you God and thank you everyone! More later. Karen

Just read this off of the carepages. This is such wonderful news. Keep it up Nikki!!!

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Just read that myself. Woo hoo!

Looking forward to it, Chad!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
I'm with ya'll guys,WOOHOO thats some great news,lets just keep on praying it's working..............Way To Go Nikki Girl..........................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Out standing!
I just love good news. Big Grin