DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Please help us with a prayer.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 38
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please help us with a prayer.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of 67SS
posted Hide Post
Chuck- Change of plans. As of about 1 hour ago I am in. See you guys there!

Nikki is now on our churches prayer list. I won't let her off until she is in remission and out of that hospital.

Chad Harris

Posts: 1263 | Location: Vinton, Virginia | Registered: May 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67SS
posted Hide Post
Still thinking and praying for Nikki!

From her care pages website 3 days into this round of chemo and in preparation for the bone marrow transplant:

Nikki is playing Wii again, so I thought I would update while Ihad time. It is another boring day, just full of crafts and games.
Nikki continues to feel well through the chemo. She just amazes me. Bob is going to stay tonight since she is feeling well. I will go
home tonight and then be back at the hospital sometime tomorrow. Keep the prayers coming because I know they are working. God Bless
and THANK YOU all! Karen Smile

Chad Harris

Posts: 1263 | Location: Vinton, Virginia | Registered: May 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Nikki finished 1 chemo drug yesterday, and started the second. The second made her feel nauseous, but meds helped her nap and feel better, and thankfully the fevers have stayed away. On schedule for Friday for the transplant.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Nikki started Atgam in preparation for the transplant, and had a reaction to it (I think). She started shaking with chills, then had a fever that hit 104, and her heartrate shot over 200. Heartrate came down with the fever, and they're doing blood cultures to be safe and added antibiotics.

I can't even imagine what Nikki is going through, and what Karen and Bob are going through. I pray that the transplant brings the healing.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Karen just posted this afternoon...

Nikki tolerated the next Atgam well, temp and heartrate normal, and also finished her last chemo dose. 4 more Atgam doses, and then it will be transplant day. The docs are happy with the progress, and the blood cultures mentioned in the previous post were nagative.

DRR Pro
Picture of 67SS
posted Hide Post
Nikki is my hero as is Karen and Bob. I just can't even imagine what they are going through and that is a lot for a 6 year old to endure, but she seems to be taking it like a champ.

Praying for miracles on Friday!!!

Chad Harris

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bob, Nikki and family,
My family will pray for you. I can't imagine what that little girl is going through.
The Rineharts
RFC Chaplain

www.rinehartsperformance.com
JEGS.com
ATI Performance Products
Hoosier Racing Tires
Santhuff Shocks & Struts

Posts: 20 | Location: Thomasville, PA(York US 30 Dragway) | Registered: April 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers are with you from all of us. AJ, Brianna, Shelly, Tony and Carol.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
As I type this, Nikki is receiving her bone marrow transplant by IV push. We are all waiting patiently for an update on her carepages. Many, many prayers are being said and sent for Nikki that today will be the new beginning for Nikki! God Bless Nikki!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Amen on the prayers being sent,Thanks Ma B for the updates,will be keeping a eye on the site for all updates,God Bless Nikki and Family..........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67SS
posted Hide Post
Thinking and praying for Nikki today and every day.

Chad Harris

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Transplant done.
Posted 4 minutes ago
The transplant itself took 10 min. Tammy pushed the 30cc syringe of cells from 11:04am to 11:14am. Nikki watched SpongeBob on TV. She is fine now and wanting to do crafts already. The only thing to watch is her bloodpressure that went up slightly. I will update more details later, but just wanted to thank everyone for their prayers. Karen

Miracles! Thank you to all who are organ donors and there families for giving people the gift of life! To the parents of newborns who donate the umbilical cord! A true gift!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Karen posted pictures of the transplant procedure today for Nikki! She had to stop Nikki from playing Wii because she was getting too excited! I will have Chuck post pictures of Nikki with her shirt on that says "Fighter"! Karen also took a picture of the syringe that held the cells for Nikki! The gift of life! Thank you from all of us here in PA for prayers, thoughts and kind words! Nikki will be home soon!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Nikki had an uneventful weekend, which is good. Playing on the Wii, napping, painting nails, watching tv, etc. BP came down on its own, which is good, all vital signs normal. Managing her pain until the good numbers go up is the next challenge.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Nikki is doing well, pain is being managed successfully. It's a waiting game at this point for the good numbers to come up, but the docs are pleased with the progress. She made her dad a wicked cool hat for Father's Day. Here she and Bob are:

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
That has bound to be the WICKEDEST COOLEST FATHERS DAY HAT ever seen by mankind,Dad must be mighty proud,well he looks proud,God Bless Ya'll...........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone that is sending out well wishes. It cheers us up to come on here and see all the replies. We are hanging in there and making the best of our situation. We will get through this again and be donating entry money at PRP on the GGGs weekend. Chuck, now you can see where Nikki gets her good looks. BTW, its a "wicked awsome" hat.

Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Bob, are you hoping Karen doesn't read that statement? Big Grin You'll probably just claim Miller posted under your name if you get caught. Tongue That would be wicked awesome!

Continued thoughts and prayers for you all.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You may not feel "lucky" since you are having to watch you little girl go through all this but after seeing that smiling face I can tell you that you are one of the luckiest people in the world. What a doll!! Prayers sent!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Karen's latest update!

Good News!

Couldn't wait to shout out some good news. Nikki's WBC count came up today! The rounding doctor went to the lab to look at the blood smear and told me he saw all good cells. This may be the start of engraftment. Lets just keep praying and especially that the cells that grow back are all healthy cells. Nikki is fighting off fevers but is okay. Cultures remain negative so no changes to the current antibiotics. She did receive platelets today and that should be it for today. Nikki is napping now after playing Wii with Mike from Child Life. We will try to get our "field trip" in later. One day at a time with God on our side. Karen

Wooooo whooooo!! Way to go Nikki!!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"